According to Wikipedia The Golden 1 Credit Union, is a credit union that is located in the United States with its headquarters located in Sacramento, California. Golden 1 credit union was founded in the year 1933. It currently has consumers throughout the whole of California with over 70 branches and more than 30 thousand CO-OP ATMs nationwide. The vision of the credit union was to come together to render assistance to other hard-working Californians.
They continually affirm their mission, to deliver financial solutions with value, convenience, and extraordinary services to their members. This has made Golden 1 Credit Union the leading credit union in California, and one of the largest in the whole of the United States. Needless to say, they have over a million members and it’s still growing, billions of assets, and the best part is that membership is open to all of California.
Golden 1 Credit Union is a non-profit financial cooperative, and its members are part owners. They make returns of the union’s earnings to them through higher returns on savings, free services, and lower interest rates on loans. They know quite well that their members have different lives, different jobs, and different hometowns yet they are still committed to working together with them for a better life. They are even willing to contribute their time and money provided they make a difference. Golden 1 credit union was the first state-chartered credit union to be given access statewide field of membership in California. Anybody that resides or works in California regularly is now eligible for membership.
The benefit of Golden 1 Credit Union
Below are some of the benefits of being a member of the Golden 1 Credit Union;
- Their commitment is solely to their members and not stakeholders
- As a non-profit union, it saves money. This is because of the low-interest rates on loans, homes, cars, and more, higher yields on savings and platinum rewards cards.
- It is not time-consuming as they have put technology in place to help you get through your busy day. With your mobile, you can get online access to your account, ATMs at your disposal nationwide.
- You have the privilege to enjoy exceptional services. You have access to local service and support; you also have access to financial expertise that is willing to help you meet your life goals.
How to Join the Golden 1 Credit Union
There are three ways you can apply they are all listed below;
- You can apply online
- You could also place a call to their hotline
- Or you could visit a branch of Golden 1 Credit Union to apply in person.
Applying is quite easy, for more information on how to apply visit the link below; https://www.golden1.com/apply-today?type=new-member.
Documents you need to apply
Before applying there are some documents required from you they are listed below;
- Your original birth certificate
- Your Social Security Number (SSI)
- Your state-issued identification, it could be your driver’s license or government-issued ID so far it has your current address on it.
- In the case of a joint application, it is still the same information that is needed.
Golden 1 Credit Union has a lot of products and services to offer ranging from bill pay, mobile banking, online banking, and more. They are committed to making you achieve your financial goal. For more information on the Golden 1 Credit Union, you can visit the link below; https://www.golden1.com/discoverg1/contact-us#.
Recommended >>> Alliant: Nationwide Digital Banking, Credit Cards and Loans