Has it been your dream to study in Korea? if yes, then you wouldn’t want to miss out on this Korean Government Scholarship 2023, fully funded. The scholarship is made available for international students who wish to pursue bachelor’s (undergraduate), master’s, and doctoral degrees in Korean universities.
As I said, this is actually your chance, so why would you want to miss out on such a great opportunity as going to your dream school? The Korean Government Scholar provides or offers international students the privilege of studying abroad in Korea and conducting advanced studies in higher educational institutions or universities in Korea. (Korean Government Scholarship 2023-Fully Funded)
Korean Government Scholarship 2023- Fully Funded
The Korean Government GKS Scholarship 2023-24 is now accepting applications in South Korea. Global Korea Scholarship 2023 is open to all international students from all over the world.
The Global Korea GKS Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for Master’s or PhD studies in South Korea. This year, the Korean government is offering 1,278 International Scholarships to people from 145 countries who want to study for a graduate degree (Master’s or Doctorate) or conduct research in Korea.
The award is valid for the academic year 2023-2024. Apply for SIIT Graduate Scholarships 2023-24 in Thailand as well (Fully Funded).
Brief Description of the Scholarship
The scholarship is set to provide international students with opportunities to study advanced courses or studies. Korean Government Scholarship is fully funded, so you don’t have to worry much about the money that is needed to study. Also, there are some benefits included for accredited scholars or students that are approved. Here are the details of the scholar;
- Host Country: South Korea
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Degree Level: Masters, PhD, Research
- Eligible Nations: All Nations
- Deadline: it varies from one country to another or by each university.
To learn more about the scholarship, read on (Korean Government Scholarship 2023- Fully Funded)
Korean Government Scholarship 2023 Coverage/ Benefits of the Scholarship
Korean Government Scholarship is a fully-funded one, so that means you don’t need to be bothered about expenses because everything is taken care of by the Government. It is fully funded for international students; however, below is the coverage;
- Airfare Tickets
- Resettlement allowance
- Living allowance
- Medical Insurance
- Language courses
- Full Tuition Fees
- Award for Excellent Korean Language Proficiency
- Research support
- Printing costs
- Completion Grant.
- Monthly allowance
Korean Government Scholarship 2023 Eligibility
- All applicants must be citizens of one of the NIIED-designated countries.
- All applicants and their parents must be non-Koreans.
- Korean citizens and dual citizenship holders (those with both Korean and foreign citizenship) are ineligible to apply.
- Applicants and their parents who previously held Korean citizenship must provide proof of their renunciation of Korean citizenship.
- Must be under the age of 40 on September 1, 2023. (born after September 1, 1983)
- Academic professors who are under 45 years old on September 1, 2023 (born after September 1, 1978) and have the citizenship of one of the ODA recipients listed in the table below are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have or expect to have a Bachelor’s Degree to enroll in a Master’s Program or a Master’s Degree to enroll in a Ph.D. Degree Program.
- Research Applicants must have a degree or a level of education equivalent to or higher than a Master’s degree and an invitation from one of the NIIED-designated Korean universities.
- Postdoctoral Research Program: A doctorate or a level of education equivalent to a doctorate is required.
- Applicants who are expected to graduate at the time of application must first submit a certificate of expected graduation.
English Language Prerequisites/Certificate.
- Candidates or applicants must be in good health, both physically and mentally in other to study in Korean for the full duration.
- All scholarship applicants must submit Form 6 or any personal medical assessment at the time of applying for the scholarship.
- For those who pass the 2nd round of selection, must receive a comprehensive medical checkup.
- Applicants must not be tested on drug use or having a serious illness.
Korean Government Scholarship 2023 Deadline
A specific deadline for the Korean Government Scholarship is not stated because it actually varies from country to country or university.
How to Apply for Korean Government Scholarship 2023
Applicants can only apply for the scholarship through the Korean Embassy in their home country or a Korean University that is participating. However, all you need to submit all of the documents related to your scholarship application to the Korean Embassy in your country or the domestic university concerned. (Korean Government Scholarship 2023- Fully Funded)
Afterward, the Korean Embassy or University will send proper candidates to NIIED with all the documents that are required. Grantees will be selected.