The Call for Nominations is now open for the Kofi Annan NextGen Democracy Prize 2023. The prize is often presented with the aim of recognizing exceptional young activists, who have shown leadership by defending, renewing, and promoting democracy. The award also intends to inspire more young people to commit to the advancement of democracy.
The Kofi Annan Foundation, in partnership with the Democracy and Culture Foundation, is inviting nominations for the inaugural Kofi Annan NextGen Democracy Award. All the nominees must, however, be aged between 18 and 30 at the time of nomination.
The award is presented each year at the Athens Democracy Forum. This year, the nominations period is from January 31, 2023, through March 31, 2023. The Notification of the awardee will be made by July 2023, after an independent judging panel reviews the applications and selects the award recipient.
Details of the Kofi Annan NextGen Democracy Prize 2023:
- Type: Entrepreneurs
- Prize Funded by: Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Training Centre (KAIPTC)
- Gender: Men and Women
- Value: Up to USD 10,000
- Application status: Open
- Application Deadline: March 31, 2023
Aim and Benefits of Kofi Annan NextGen Democracy Prize 2023
The prestigious Kofi Annan NextGen Democracy Prize aims to:
- Young activists with exceptional intellectual leadership in defending, promoting or renewing democracy;
- Provide support through a one-year mentorship with a recognized democracy expert or senior leader;
- Be the inspiration for young people to commit to the advancement of democracy.
- The Prize recipients will receive USD 10,000 which will be presented at the Athens Democracy Forum
- Free Accommodation to Awardees to participate in the Forum.
- Awardees will have the opportunity to take a leading role in organizing a panel session on youth and democracy at the following year’s Forum.
History of Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Training Centre (KAIPTC)
The Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Training Centre otherwise referred to as KAIPTC, was established in 1998, the center is based in Ghana. KAIPTC is headed by Maj-Gen Clayton Yaache, and formally commenced operations in 2002.
The Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Training Centre (KAIPTC) was commissioned in 2004 after it was established in 1998, its establishment was to build upon and share Ghana’s five decades of international experience and competence in peace operations with other states in the ECOWAS.
How to Apply for Kofi Annan NextGen Democracy Prize 2023?
- The application is simple, kindly send your completed nomination to: [email protected] by midnight CET, 31 March 2023
- Please note that Nominations must include all of the following and must come an organization
- Completed Submission Form: https://www.kofiannanfoundation.org/app/uploads/2023/02/20230101-KA-Next-Gen-Democracy-Prize-submission-form.docx
- A Cover Letter (max 500 words)
- The nominee will make a short video testimony of 2 minutes max.
- For more details, visit Kofi Annan Foundation website on: https://www.kofiannanfoundation.org/nextgenprize/
Eligibility Criteria for Kofi Annan NextGen Democracy Prize Qualification
To be eligible;
- The nominees must be aged between 18 and 30 at the time of nomination.
- The Next gen Democracy prize does not place any restrictions in terms of nationality, gender, or occupation.
- The Selection Committee will decide the winner based on the following: Impact, Innovation, Sustainability, Values and Benefit
March 31, 2023.
More Related Content
- University of Pennsylvania Undergraduate Research Grants for International Students – HOW TO APPLY
- DESY Summer Student Program 2023/2024 in Germany – How to Apply
- The Top 7 Outstanding Online MBA Programs This Year
- How to Apply for Admission at Berklee College of Music
- UOFT Webmail Login Access – What is JOIN U OF T?