When the sun shines brightly and the days get longer, Canada transforms into a summer playground, the North American country offers a plethora of fun activities that you can enjoy in the summer.
Whether you’re a local looking for adventure or a tourist exploring different countries, Canada has something going on for everyone. If you are looking for what to do in Canada this summer, here are some fun-filled things you can do in Canada during the summer season.
Enjoy outdoor activities
Canada houses breathtaking natural beauty, and summer is the perfect time to explore it. You should consider:
- Hiking: You can enjoy hiking from the Rocky Mountains in Alberta to the Bruce Trail in Ontario, you will find countless hiking opportunities for all skill levels.
- Camping: Don’t forget to experience the great Canadian wilderness by camping in national parks like Banff, Jasper, or Algonquin.
- Canoeing/Kayaking: You can paddle through serene lakes and rivers, such as Lake Louise in Alberta or the Algonquin Provincial Park waterways.
In the summer, Canada’s cities come alive, they have several cultural and recreational activities that you can enjoy. Some include:
- Festivals: If you enjoy festivals, you can attend world-renowned festivals like the Calgary Stampede, Montreal Jazz Festival, or Toronto’s Caribana.
- Culinary adventures: You can also enjoy delicious food at food truck festivals, farmer’s markets, and street fairs.
- Urban parks: You can’t miss relaxing in urban parks like Stanley Park in Vancouver, or taking a leisurely bike ride along Toronto’s waterfront trails.
Visit iconic landmarks
Canada has many iconic landmarks that are a must-visit during the summer months, you can’t come to Canada and not visit any of these places.
- Niagara Falls: You should witness the awe-inspiring beauty of Niagara Falls.
- CN Tower: Don’t forget to take a ride up the CN Tower in Toronto and enjoy panoramic views of the city.
You can cool off with various water-based activities:
- Swimming: You can enjoy the refreshing waters of Canadian lakes, or take a dip in the Atlantic or Pacific Ocean.
- Whale watching: This is another exciting water activity you can enjoy; you should head to the Atlantic provinces like Nova Scotia or Newfoundland for thrilling whale-watching tours.
You can spend some time exploring and learning about Canadian culture.
- Museums: Explore museums like the Royal Ontario Museum in Toronto, the Canadian Museum for Human Rights in Winnipeg, or the Vancouver Art Gallery.
- Historic sites: Visit landmark sites like Quebec City’s Old Town or the Fortress of Louisbourg in Nova Scotia.
If you enjoy wildlife activities, Canada’s wildlife has enough to keep you entertained. You should consider:
- Wildlife safaris: Go on a wildlife safari in places like Churchill, Manitoba, also called the “Polar Bear Capital of the World.”
- Bird watching: You can also explore bird-watching hotspots like Point Pelee National Park in Ontario.
If you are a thrill-seeker, you should try:
- Whitewater rafting: Experience the excitement of rafting down the Ottawa River in Ontario or the Kicking Horse River in British Columbia.
- Zip-Lining: Enjoy the adrenaline rush of zip-lining in Whistler, British Columbia, or Mont Tremblant, Quebec.
Stargazing and Northern lights
Summer is an excellent time for stargazing and, in the northern regions, even catching a glimpse of the Northern Lights.
- Dark Sky Preserves: Visit Dark Sky Preserves like Jasper National Park to witness the stunning night skies free from light pollution.
- Aurora Borealis: Head to the Northwest Territories or Yukon for a chance to witness the mesmerizing Northern Lights.
What is summer in Canada without a road trip? Before concluding your summer holiday, you can explore the country’s vast landscapes by embarking on a road trip.
- Icefields Parkway: Drive along the stunning Icefields Parkway in Alberta, connecting Jasper and Banff National Parks.
- Cabot Trail: Discover the beauty of Nova Scotia’s Cabot Trail, known for its dramatic coastal cliffs.
- Trans-Canada Highway: Take on the iconic Trans-Canada Highway, stretching from coast to coast.
If you are a nature lover, Canada’s botanical gardens are a treat.
- Butchart Gardens: Stroll through the enchanting Butchart Gardens in Victoria, British Columbia, known for its stunning floral displays.
- Montreal Botanical Garden: Visit the Montreal Botanical Garden, featuring a diverse collection of plants from around the world.
- Devonian Gardens: You can spend some time at the Devonian Gardens in Edmonton, Alberta.
Explore quaint villages
You can visit Canada’s charming villages and small towns.
- Stratford, Ontario: Visit Stratford for its renowned Shakespearean theater festival and picturesque streets.
- Niagara-on-the-Lake: Additionally, you can explore Niagara-on-the-Lake, known for its historic charm and wineries.
- Lunenburg, Nova Scotia: Not to forget, you can experience the coastal beauty of Lunenburg, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
With these fantastic summer activities, you will have an unforgettable, adventure-filled summer season in Canada.
Whether you prefer the tranquility of nature or the excitement of the city, Canada’s diverse offerings ensure you’ll have an incredible summer experience in the Great White North.
More Related Content
- Top Disadvantages of Studying in Australia for International Students
- Exciting Places In The World Worth Visiting Right Now
- Morris Animal Foundation Wildlife Fellowship Training 2023 (Up to $145,000) – APPLY NOW
- Get Ready For Cyber Monday
- Google Maps Now Provides Aerial Views Of Close To 100 Global Landmarks