Women for Africa Foundation offers the Fully Funded Learn Africa Scholarships application for African women for training and graduate scholarships. This foundation is a Spanish private, non-profit entity, founded in February 2012 by María Teresa Fernández de la Vega, who was the former vice president of the Government of Spain.
About the Fully Funded Learn Africa Scholarships
We mentioned earlier that the fully funded Learn Africa Scholarships are provided by Women For Africa Foundation which is a private non-profit organization created. As a mission of the foundation, its main objective is to contribute to the development of the African continent through the support and accompaniment of its women, who are the driving force behind its progress.
The foundation via its Fully Funded Learn Africa Scholarships and endeavors, is committed and works for democracy, governance, peace, human rights, and sustainable economic and social development.
The Fully Funded Learn Africa Scholarships program was officially was launched in 2013 with the aim of promoting knowledge transfer, exchange, and capacity building for female African university students through scholarships offered by Spanish universities
Currently, about 630 scholarships have been awarded to African women from 42 different countries through the Learn Africa program. Over two years now, the fully funded Learn Africa scholarship program had to focus almost exclusively on the online training modality due to the travel and gathering restrictions imposed worldwide to curtail the spread of the pandemic.
Details of Fully Founded Learn Africa Scholarships
- Fully Funded Learn Africa Scholarships application deadline: 26th April 2022 at 11:59 p.m. (Madrid time).
- Eligible Countries: Sub Saharan African countries
- Study in: Spain (Scholarships in the 2022/2023 academic year will be partly online)
- Type of program: Masters, PhD
- Number of Awards: Not Specified
- Worth of Fully funded Learn Africa Scholarships: it covers only the Tuition and Academic fees
- Duration of Programme: the entire duration of the program
Requirements For Fully Funded Learn Africa Scholarships:
- The candidate must be a woman and have the nationality of an African country.
- She must be enrolled in an African university or have a university degree issued in an African country.
- Postgraduate Scholarships: the Degree title is required. Meanwhile, the degree can vary depending on the requested scholarship
- An Applicant must also meet the specific requirements and technical/technological material of each type of scholarship.
- In applying for this scholarship, Only one application per person
How to Apply for Fully Funded Learn Africa Scholarships
All Candidates are required to attach the following documents while applying for this scholarship:
- National identity doc.
- Recent Picture
- A CV + INFO
- A Diploma / certificate / university degree (as required)
- An academic record
- Motivation letter + INFO
- A Reference or recommendation letter/s + INFO
- An Official language level accreditation if required + INFO
- Research project
Fully Funded Learn Africa Scholarships FAQ
Below are some of the Frequently Asked Questions on the scholarship.
How do I get to know about the selection outcome?
Check out the published outcome of the process on the foundation website in June (www.mujeresporafrica.es). Also, all selected candidates will be personally notified through email. Unsuccessful candidates will not be contacted.
Upon application disapproval, will I be contacted?
You will not be contacted. Ensure you regularly check your email as well as our website (www.mujeresporafrica.es), where a list of selected candidates is published
If there are any missing documents, Can I apply for the scholarship?
Once you have the missing doc. you cannot apply. Therefore, before applying for a scholarship, make sure you have all the required documents to attach
How do I confirm that my scholarship application has been sent correctly?
A confirmation email will be sent to you, you might want to be checking all the folders in your email, including the Spam folder.
What’s the next step after applying for a scholarship?
There is nothing left to do after applying, kindly wait until the results of the call are published on the foundation website. You will be contacted personally if selected.