Welcome guys today I will be talking about “Facebook Group Name Change”, which is commonly searched by users online. Do you have a Group on Facebook that seems to be deactivated due to the name you used? Well, you can change it. Changing a group name can only be done by an Admin in the group. Though most people find it hard to do, but truth be told, it is not really easy. And that’s why you have me to give you the steps to follow in doing so. All you need to do is to pay attention and read on.
Facebook Group Name Change
The Facebook group name change is the method of changing the name you used for creating the group. Most people have been wondering how uneasy it will be to change a group on Facebook. But the trust is, it’s not really as uneasy as most people take it to be. Facebook is a social media platform that aids interactions and activities such as sharing between users. The platform is open for users to communicate, connect and share with the people they wish to.
The Facebook group is a community for making new friends both far and near. Every user o the platform is allowed to create and join as many groups as they can manage. If you have a group that doesn’t function as it uses to, well you can actually change the name of the group. Lots of people have tried changing their names with different methods but failed. The first step to changing a group is the Admin of the group.
How Can I Change my Group Name?
Changing your group name is a bit simple and fast, all you need is to be the Admin. The process could have a negative or positive effect depending on how functional it has been. In other to change your group name, you need to be logged in to your account using the web or app. To sign in, follow the instructions below;
- Open the app or access your browser and type in facebook.com
- Type in your email address or mobile number and password.
- Tap on login.
The account will be loaded on the device and you can change the group name.
How to Change Name on Facebook
Well, we have come so far on the methods of changing group name. So all you have to do to change the name is to follow the proceeds below;
- Hit on the Groups icon on your Newsfeed and then select your group (the one you want to change).
- Then hit on “More” below your cover photo and then select “Edit Group Setting”.
- Next to the Group name hit to change the name.
- Fill in the name you want to use and hit “Save”.
The name will be changed and all the members in your group would be notified about the change you just made.
How to Change Facebook Group Privacy
Lots of people find it hard to change their group privacy just as they find it hard to change names, so I will be showing you how to change your group privacy. Changing your privacy in a group is easy and fast. It can be done by an Admin of a group only. To start, login and follow below;
- Navigate to the Groups tab and select the group you want to change the privacy.
- Hit on “More” and then “View Group Info”.
- Hit on “Edit Group Settings.
- Then choose the Privacy Setting you want for the account.
- Once done, hit on “Continue” and then “Confirm”.
Just like that, your Group privacy setting will be changed to the one you want. Easy Right?
CHECKOUT >>> Facebook Ad Boost – Facebook Page | How to Boost Ad…
Facebook Page Change Name
When you come across Facebook page change name, what comes to your mind? Oh, I can’t change my page name because it seems so impossible to do. Well, the truth is changing your page name isn’t as easy as changing your group name. Before a name change will be done on a Facebook page, Facebook will have to accept the request first. There are some rules that are set up by Facebook in other to change your page name. Before requesting to change your page name and getting rejected again, review the Facebook Business Page Name guidelines.
Page Name Guidelines
The page names should reflect exactly what the page is about. To change the name, you need to be an Authorized Admin or representative. Names shouldn’t include;
- Abusive terms or a phrase that will violate a person’s rights.
- Never include “Official” if the page isn’t Official for the brand, organization, etc.
- Improper capitalization is not allowed, that is to say, every alphabet should be grammatically correct.
- Symbols aren’t allowed.
- A slogan or description is not allowed.
- No Facebook variation.
Names can’t consist only; Generic words and Generic Geographical areas. Also, the name characters shouldn’t be too long, the limit is 75 characters.
How to Change Facebook Page Name
Once you follow the guidelines below, you’re on your way to changing the name. Most people requested for a name change but got rejected. Make sure you’re the Admin of the page, then follow the instructions below;
- Go to your Page.
- Then from the “About” on the left side of the page.
- Then hit on “Edit” next to the page name.
- Type in the new name you wish to use and then hit on “Continue”.
- Review the name change request and then hit on “Request Change”.
The name will be changed once Facebook approved the change. Note: changing the page name won’t affect its username. Keep in mind that you won’t be able to change the name of a Regional page if it falls under a global page.