The Emile Boutmy Scholarships grant at Sciences Po offers a great chance for international students outside the EU to achieve their academic goals at a top social sciences university in France. These scholarships, named after Sciences Po’s founder Emile Boutmy, aim to attract talented individuals from all over the globe. In this article, we will discuss the important details of the Emile Boutmy Scholarships, such as the requirements, application procedure, and the benefits of studying at Sciences Po.
About Emile Boutmy Scholarships Grant
The Emile Boutmy Scholarships grant aims to financially support exceptional international students pursuing undergraduate or master’s programs at Sciences Po. Applicants are evaluated based on their academic achievements and overall profile, making the selection process highly competitive.
Grant Amount and Benefits
The Emile Boutmy Scholarships at Sciences Po provide financial support to students from outside the European Union (EU) who are interested in studying social sciences. The amount of the scholarship depends on the level of study, whether it is for undergraduate or graduate programs.
- The Emile Boutmy Scholarship provides financial assistance for undergraduates, covering tuition fees and living expenses. It allows students to pursue a bachelor’s degree at Sciences Po, with scholarship amounts ranging from €3,900 to €14,210 for the three-year program.
- Emile Boutmy Scholarship offers a full financial package, including tuition fees, living expenses, and allowances, to exceptional international graduate students pursuing advanced studies at Sciences Po. The scholarship amount for the two-year Master’s degree program is €13,100 per year.
Flexibility and Individual Consideration
It’s worth mentioning that scholarship amounts may differ and Sciences Po takes into account personal financial circumstances when awarding them. The institution values the unique requirements of its students and strives to provide customized financial assistance to enable deserving individuals to succeed academically without undue financial burden.
The Emile Boutmy Scholarships at Sciences Po have specific eligibility criteria that prospective applicants should be aware of. These criteria include:
- Non-European Union (EU) Citizenship: Applicants must be citizens of a country outside of the European Union. This is a fundamental requirement for the Emile Boutmy Scholarships.
- Program Admission: Applicants must apply for and be accepted into an eligible undergraduate or master’s program at Sciences Po. The scholarship application is separate from the admission process
- Academic Excellence: Academic merit is highly valued. Applicants should have a strong academic background, which can be demonstrated through academic transcripts and letters of recommendation.
- Relevance to Career Goals: The chosen program of study should align with the applicant’s career goals and aspirations. The scholarship is often awarded to individuals whose academic pursuits resonate with the mission of Sciences Po.
- Financial Need (Sometimes): While not always a requirement, some variations of the Emile Boutmy Scholarship may consider financial need. Applicants might need to provide evidence of their financial situation or submit additional documentation.
- Language Proficiency: Depending on the program, applicants may need to meet language proficiency requirements. For programs taught in French, a certain level of proficiency in the French language might be necessary.
- Compliance with Application Procedures: Applicants must follow the specified application procedures, including submitting the required documents and completing the application form by the given deadline.
The Emile Boutmy Scholarships at Sciences Po have an application process that involves several steps. They are:
- Program Application: Choose a Sciences Po program that aligns with your academic and career goals, and submit an online application form, academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, personal statement, and other required documents.
- Admission Confirmation: Await the decision on your program application. You need to be accepted into an eligible program to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Prepare Scholarship Application: To apply for the Emile Boutmy Scholarship, visit Sciences Po’s website, fill out the application form, and provide necessary documents like academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, and proof of non-EU citizenship.
- Submit Scholarship Application: Submit your scholarship application electronically through the online portal, review all information for accuracy, and ensure all documents are submitted by the specified deadline.
- Post-Submission: Please check your email for confirmation from Sciences Po regarding your scholarship application status, and be prepared to follow any additional steps or requirements if shortlisted or awarded.
Instructions for Emile-Boutmy Scholarship Application
Students interested in applying for the Emile-Boutmy scholarship must include this information in the “Financial information” section of their Sciences Po application. Some students may also be asked to provide additional documentation related to income and family status. The deadline for Master’s programs is December 3, 2023, for the academic year 2024-2025.
The deadline for undergraduate programs from foreign secondary schools will be announced on the official website. Please visit the official website provided below for the application form and further details about this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.sciencespo.fr/students/en/fees-funding/financial-aid/emile-boutmy-scholarship.
Before applying for the scholarship, make sure you have the required documents. These may include:
- Academic Transcripts: Copies of your academic records that show your achievements and qualifications.
- Letters of Recommendation: Well-written letters from teachers, professors, or professionals who can vouch for your academic and personal qualities.
- Personal Statement: Write a compelling statement about your academic and career goals, why you chose Sciences Po, and how the Emile Boutmy Scholarship will help you achieve them.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): Provide a detailed CV that highlights your academic and extracurricular accomplishments.
- Proof of Non-EU Citizenship: Documentation that proves you are not a citizen of any European Union country.
Impact of Emile-Boutmy Scholarship Grant
The Emile Boutmy Scholarships grant at Sciences Po provides access to high-quality education for students who may face financial barriers. Some positive impact includes:
- Recipients bring diverse perspectives and experiences, promoting cultural exchange and contributing to academic excellence.
- Graduates are well-positioned for success in their fields, engaging in impactful research and community service.
- The scholarship fosters international relations and understanding, inspiring future generations to pursue higher education.
- The program aligns with Sciences Po’s mission of promoting excellence, diversity, and a global perspective in education.
The Emile Boutmy Scholarships grant at Sciences Po promotes diversity and academic excellence for non-EU students. They offer financial support, encourage research and international relations, create career opportunities, and inspire future generations. Aspiring students should explore these scholarships to contribute to Sciences Po’s inclusive community.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is there a different deadline for the Emile Boutmy Scholarship application?
Yes, there is usually a separate deadline for the scholarship application, which may be different from the admission deadline. It is important to meet this deadline in order to be considered for the scholarship.
Can I apply for the Emile Boutmy Scholarship for both undergraduate and master’s programs?
You can apply for the Emile Boutmy Scholarship for both undergraduate and master’s programs if you are eligible. The specific eligibility criteria for each level must be met.
What criteria are used to select Emile Boutmy Scholarship recipients?
The selection for Emile Boutmy Scholarship recipients is based on academic excellence, the relevance of their chosen program, and sometimes financial need. The goal is to find students who will make a significant contribution to the academic community.
Are there post-award support or obligations for Emile Boutmy Scholarship recipients?
There may be different post-award support or obligations for Emile Boutmy Scholarship recipients. Some scholarships require maintaining a certain GPA or participating in university activities. It is important for recipients to know about any expectations after receiving the scholarship.