This is popular for those who love gaming a lot. Discord can now be accessed on the Xbox console. You can use your console as a voice channel and use it for playing.
Discord is an instant messaging social platform where users can communicate through voice calls, video calls, and text messaging. Discord is found on windows, macOS, android, IOS, iPad, Linux, and in our web browsers. It is available on Xbox Series X, Series S, and Xbox One consoles.
Features of Discord
Discord has so many characteristics that make it unique.
- Finding your friends.
- Keyboard Navigation.
- Slash Commands.
- Reduced motion setting.
- Go live and screen share.
- Custom Status.
- Video calls
- Tabs to android.
- Video & screen share updates.
- Server ownership.
- Spotify auto-pause.
- Listening along with Spotify.
- Spellcheck in discord.
- Server discovery.
What you need to know About Discord Before Downloading
- You cannot use the voice chat platform on Microsoft older consoles. Discord is currently available only on Xbox Series X, Series S, and Xbox One consoles.
- Updates are needed for the Discord app and the Xbox console.
- Discord is not fully developed so you must have a valid account on your mobile phone where the calls come from on Xbox and a valid account on your Xbox platform.
How to Connect to Discord through your Xbox Console
If you want to connect to the discord on your Xbox console to be able to enjoy the features:
- To be able to open the guide, you press the Xbox button on your controller.
- Next, you go to the profile & system
- Then navigate to settings.
- Click on Account, and select Linked social accounts.
- After choosing linked social accounts, then choose link. But you would be given two options to decide from which are: Scan a QR code to sign on your mobile device or continue to use it on your console.
How to use Voice Transfer from Discord to Xbox Console
Do you want to know how to use voice transfer on your Xbox console? Then follow the steps below:
- To use your desired voice channel open the server to connect with friends.
- You would choose the next option “try voice chat on the console”.
- Choose transfer to Xbox.
- Then select your console and then choose transfer audio.
How To Set Up a Discord Server
To set up the discord server you have to follow the steps properly:
- Open the Discord app on your desktop or any device you choose to use.
- Then you log into your Discord account.
- Tap on the plus “+” sign on the left hand of the page.
- Next, you would be given a decision to make which is “create a server”.
- Type in the name you want to use for the Discord server.
- Then click on the button create.
How to Connect your Discord Account to your Xbox using your Phone
You can still connect your discord account with the discord app to your Xbox using your phone.
- Go to the discord app, then navigate to your profile to get the connections option by tapping on the face icon.
- Click on “Add” from the connections section at the top right of your screen.
- After tapping the “add” option. You will see a list of different apps and services that can link to discord but we are looking for the Xbox option. So look for Xbox among the options.
- Next, you would see a reminder to link the discord account to your Xbox. Click on “continue” to
go to the Xbox login page to continue the integration process.
- Click on “authorize and continue” to continue the linking process.
- The next section you would see is the instruction to install the Xbox mobile app. If you would already have it on your phone then you are done with the connection. But if not you would need to because that is the access to the voice chat on your console.
How to Transfer calls from Discord Apps on your Phone to Xbox
Before you would be able to transfer your calls from your phone to Xbox is when you have the discord app on your phone and if you would need to get the discord app on your device:
- The first thing you need first is a “server” to join a voice channel. If you already have a call going on. Swipe up to get the call options.
- This next step would be possible if the Xbox linking was successful. After swiping up, you would see different options, tap on the “Transfer to Xbox” option you would see next.
- Once you have clicked on the “transfer to Xbox” option, the section is redirection to the Xbox app where you would receive a confirmation prompt you would need to transfer your voice chat to Xbox by clicking on the option “transfer voice” to finish up the combination process.
- Toto sees the ongoing call you go to the “parties and chat window” on your Xbox.
- You will see an option to select close to the ongoing to either mute, deafen, or all other audio settings.
Why can’t I use discord on Xbox?
Discord connection can be done majorly and is available on Xbox Series X, Series S, and Xbox One consoles. No other older Microsoft consoles can use Discord on Xbox. It also could be that you would need to install the latest updates for the Discord app and the Xbox console.
Can PS4 use Discord?
PS4 can use discord. You go to the audio settings and set the primary output to digital out(optical). With that setting, you would be permitted to voice stream through Discord on your PS4 as you play your game.
How do I know the accounts connected to my Xbox?
You go to the Xbox button to see the guide> select the option that says “profile & System > then go to the settings > from there to the accounts > then you would you list of different options there you would see amongst the option “linked social accounts”. That is where you know how many accounts are linked to you.
Is everyone Allowed to be part of Xbox insider?
Of course, The program that powers the Xbox insider permits everyone to participate. Anyone is allowed
to launch the Xbox insider Hub To give a preview of the console.
How to get Discord on Xbox 2022?
To get Discord, you need to have Xbox mobile app installed. So you can log in to your Xbox account to
connect to their Discord account. Then have a voice channel on Discord, and be able to transfer calls to their Xbox from their Discord.