Here I would be stating some of the Best Free VPNs For PC. Everyone likes feeling secure with whatever they do even when using connections for your system. You would still love to feel secure. A VPN connection provides you with a secure connection that allows you to freely access your company’s network.
Maybe this is your first time seeing the word VPN. VPN is the abbreviation of “virtual private network”. The whole priority of having a VPN is to always feel secure whenever you are online surfing the internet.
Also Read: Celebrating Africa’s Finest GTCO: Join one of the Biggest Fashion Events in Africa
Features of VPN
VPN establishes a strong and secure connection between you and the internet. These features could also be likely the advantages of having a VPN on your system.
- OS Support
- Spilt tunneling
- Customer support
- Money back guarantee
- No-Logs Policy
- Payment methods.
- Encryption Types.
- VPN automation features.
- Leak Protection.
- Kill switch.
- IP address options.
- Malware and Ad Blockers.
- VPN Protocols.
- Simultaneous connections.
Also Read: Amazon Prime Day TV Deals – Shop Now!
How to Access VPN on your PC
If you have no access to the VPN, you should follow the steps below to begin to surf the internet safely.
- Click on the start button at the bottom of your PC.
- Then go to settings, it is the second icon after your power button.
- Go to the Network and internet in the settings section.
- Then you would see VPN. Click on it and you would see another option “Add a VPN connection”.
- To add a VPN connection, you have to do the following:
- Select windows for the VPN provider.
- Enter a name you will recognize and remember in the connection name box. That’s the name you will see when connecting.
- Enter the address for the VPN server in the server name or address box.
- Choose the VPN connection you want to create for the VPN type.
- Select the type of sign-in information to use. For example username, password, certificate, or smart card(only if you are connecting to a VPN for work). This is the “Type of sign-in information” that would be shown to you.
- Then, after all the VPN connection procedures, click on save.
Note: If you want to change or edit the VPN connection information, you can go to “choose VPN connection” and then select the option “Advanced option”.
Also Read: Does Income Affect Credit Scores?
Different Free VPNs for your PC
There are a lot of free VPNs that are good for your system but we would be talking about a few of them.
- Windscribe: With other VPN connections you would be limited to just one connection, but with Windscribe you are not limited. All you have to do is to install it and use it on any device. You can be using windscribe on different devices at the same time.
- ExpressVPN: it has top-tier security features that keep you secured whenever surfing the internet.
- CyberGhost: this VPN has robust security features and dedicated servers for streaming.
- Proton VPN: it has features like unlimited data. But you are limited to just 3 server locations. Proton VPN breaks down the barrier of internet censorship. Proton VPN was created to protect Journalists and activists who also use Proton Mail.
- Avira Phantom VPN: This VPN is called user-friendly because it can protect as many devices as you want but it doesn’t come with a kill switch.
- Privado VPN: This is another awesome free VPN with a speed of 10GB but it becomes unlimited with a single 1Mbps location. You can be connected to twelve server locations at once. It also has this unique feature of unlocking US Netflix, Disney Plus, Amazon Prime. When using this VPN and you exhaust your data then you access unlimited data through an “emergency server”.
Why should I use VPN?
You might wonder what you stand to gain in getting a VPN on your PC well. Here are some reasons why you should get VPN.
- For Privacy reasons: it gives you ultimate privacy. Your data is private, VPN does not share your data with a third party, or do they have any idea about users’ activity? Nobody monitors your activities when using a VPN. It is private.
- Security purpose: VPN gives you a reason to surf the internet safely. VPN sends your internet traffic through an encrypted VPN tunnel. All your passwords and confidential data or information stays secured.
- Freedom: With VPN there is likely no website you cannot access.
- Speed: It also Speeds up your browsing by eliminating those unnecessary ads and trackers from the application and makes your browsing smooth and without interruption from ads.
Also Read: Holland Scholarships (Non-EEA) 2023/2024 – Apply Now!
Is it important to have a VPN on your computer?
It is very important and not negotiable if you want to continue to use the internet with your PC. It is an online privacy protection that encrypts your data and redirects it through a secure VPN server. You can freely access the internet and nobody would see what you are doing or even track your location but all they would see is encrypted data.
When should VPN not be in use?
You should not use VPN when you are gaming and when you are downloading something or probably when you want to have to do something that needs a location. As for the issue of downloading it might slow down your connection speed.
Is there a free VPN for your PC?
The free VPN for pc is the Proton VPN which is for unlimited safe browsing. You can enjoy the internet and download as much as you can.
What is a 100% free VPN?
Proton VPN is the only 100% free VPN with no data limits. You could use Proton VPN as long as you want. But the Proton VPN paid plan has better speed than the free version.
Also Read: Best Dry Scalp Shampoo – Will Conditioner Get Rid Of a Dry Scalp?