Do you want to delete your Threads App? Well, you would also have to delete your Instagram account according to Meta, which is something a lot of users wouldn’t really appreciate. This shocked a lot of fans recently and has been trending everywhere. Meta made it look like you are stuck with the App once you create a profile.
Threads, An Instagram App
The app is still new, so in case you are hearing about it for the first time, this app is basically Meta’s clone of Twitter. The app was built by the Instagram team, and you can choose to publish microblog posts of up to about 500 words, share photos, and videos, comment, repost, like, and follow anyone making use of their Instagram handle, and it would be compatible with Mastodon.
According to Boss Zuckerberg, just four hours into the launch, five million people signed up for the platform, so what should we be expecting from this new Twitter rival?
How Does Threads Works
This new app from Twitter might just be the replacement for Twitter everyone is searching for. Similar to Twitter, this latest social media platform places its attention on text posts. Users also get to post up to five minutes of video and links, as well as pictures.
Now the major problem here is that people who have downloaded the app have gone on to social media platforms to warn others about the risk of accidentally deleting their Instagram account.
The app basically looks and feels like Twitter, it is a short text-based piece of content, likes, and reposts. You get to quote a thread that is similar to quote tweeting.
At the moment, there is no way to send a direct message to others. This feature might actually be a relief for some people.
How Can I Access Threads?
If you are interested in getting the latest and trending social media platform on your device, then you would need to be making use of an iOS or Android Device. At the moment, you can access Threads only via iOS or Android.
At the moment, Meta has not created a desktop version for the social media platform, and they are yet to give us a date for when it would be available.
How to Create a Threads Account
Creating a Threads account is not that complicated, all you have to do is to follow the steps that I would be stating for you below and you would be done with it.
Just as stated previously, you would need to be in possession of an iOS or Android device to be able to access the Threads app. Also, note that your threads account would be linked to your Instagram account, so you would need an Instagram account. Once you have all this in place, you can proceed with creating an account.
- To create a Threads account, first download the app from your Appstore
- Once you have downloaded the app, launch it
- On the app, you would be asked to Log in with your Instagram profile, click on it
- You would be asked to make a bio and add a link to continue, do that and click on the “arrow point right” at the top of the screen
- You can also “import from Instagram” if you like
- On the next page, you can choose to make your profile public or private. Make your choice and click on continue.
- Once you have done this, you would see a brief note on how threads work, read through it and then click on “Join Threads”
And that is all you need to do to have a Thread account. At the moment, there are already millions of users on the platform, so you should be able to have some fun there.
Delete Threads App
Creating an account is easy, but seeing as it is a new social media platform, and you find some things on the platform you do not like, you might want to delete your profile. Well, deleting the profile is easy, but the deal here is if you would be taking down your thread’s app profile, your Instagram account goes down with it.
A lot of users on the platform feel this is a problem seeing as there is a lot they wouldn’t want to lose on their Instagram account. So, before you create a threads account, you really should think this through.
Your Thread Account can only be deleted if you delete the Linked Instagram account. But Instagram chief Adam Mosseri has stated that Meta is looking into ways to delete just the threads account separately, so you should feel safe at the moment.
More Related Content
- A Home Feed With Just People You Follow among Potential Threads Features
- Off-Topic Conversation Now on Discord Thread – Discord Thread Sub-Rooms
- The Facebook Marketplace Rules Return Policy: Facebook Marketplace Rules | Facebook Marketplace
- Facebook Reminder – Facebook Reminder Event – How to Set Reminders in Facebook Messenger
- How to Delete Instagram Account – Can I Recover my Instagram Deleted Account