The DAAD/WACCI Masters Plant Breeding Scholarships 2024-2025 is currently accepting applications from suitably qualified African students from the Sub-Saharan region.
To achieve academic excellence and to promote agricultural practices, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) has teamed up with the West Africa Centre for Crop Improvement (WACCI) to make this remarkable opportunity available for the above-mentioned set of students.
They are offering up to 3 In-Country and 6 In-Region scholarships for Master studies at the West Africa Centre for Crop Improvement (WACCI) for the intake in 2024. For those who might be coming across the name DAAD for the first time, let’s discuss briefly about the organization.
About German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
The establishment of the German Academic Exchange Service, commonly referred to as DAAD, can be traced back to 1925. Since it’s inception, DAAD has supported countless scholars in their pursuit of higher education.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is widely renowned for its commitment to fostering international academic relations and cooperation.
DAAD/WACCI Master Scholarship Summary
- Program Type: Postgraduate (Masters)
- Organisation: German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
- Country to study: Ghana
- Study at: University of Ghana
- Course to study: Not specified
- Number of Awards: Nine (9)
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: November 23, 2023
Benefits of DAAD/WACCI Master Scholarship
The benefits of the DAAD/WACCI Master Scholarship are numerous, they include:
- Annual coverage of Tuition fees: The DAAD/WACCI Master scholarship covers the cost of tuition, to ensure that recipients are not hindered from pursuing their academic aspirations, due to financial constraints.
- Payment of study and research allowance: You will receive financial support for your studies and research activities throughout the year.
- Printing allowance once at the end: You will also be given an allowance to enable you to compile your research findings effectively.
- Monthly stipend: You will receive a monthly stipend to cover your living expenses, including accommodation and food. The amount depends on whether you are pursuing a PhD In-Country or In-Region.
- Travel allowance (In-Region only): For those pursuing studies within the region, DAAD provides travel allowances at the beginning and end of your scholarship.
- Health insurance (In-Region only): Your well-being is a priority. DAAD offers health insurance to those studying in the specified region.
Eligibility Requirement for DAAD/WACCI Master Scholarship 2024-25
To be eligible for the DAAD/WACCI Master Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a national or permanent resident of a Sub-Saharan African country.
- You’re a graduate with a first academic degree;
- Have successfully completed a university degree (three years), with above average results (a minimum of Second Class/Upper Division or equivalent, if applicable).
- This scholarship is not available for candidates who cannot provide a Second Class/Upper Division or a higher result
- Candidates must demonstrate clear motivation and strong commitment.
- Possesses excellent knowledge of the language of instruction.
- Only Candidates who completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application, will be considered
- Candidates should fall under any of the following categories: Be a staff member of a public university, or a candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment, or from the public sector or Alumni of the DAFI-programme.
- Encouraged to apply include female applicants, refugees with recognized refugee status, and candidates from other less privileged regions
Make sure you have the documents below readily available when applying for the DAAD/WACCI Master Scholarship:
- Completed DAAD application form (Visit the DAAD portal to access the form)
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of publications
- A recommendation letter by university teachers (stamped and signed).
- Admission letter (for the host institution)
- University degree certificates with transcripts
- A Letter of motivation (1 to 2 pages with personal, social motivation as well as your reference to the studies and a possible Master project).
- A passport or National Identification Card (mandatory for an application for a scholarship).
- A semester schedule.
How to Apply
Qualified Candidates with the required documents above, can apply for the DAAD/WACCI Master Scholarship via the application webpage at: https://portal.daad.de/sap/bc/bsp/sap/z_set_cookie/setcookie.htm?fund%20_ar=stv&id=57706752
For more details, kindly visit the official DAAD website (pdf) on https://static.daad.de/media/daad_de/pdfs_nicht_barrierefrei/im-ausland-studieren-forschen-lehren/_st32_call_for_scholarship_applications_ghana_ma_wacci.pdf
November 23, 2023.
CHECK THESE OUT:
- Sub-Saharan Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation 2023
- DAAD Masters Degree Scholarships for International Students in Germany
- DAAD Study Scholarships 2024 – DAAD Scholarship in Music Fields | APPLY NOW
- DAAD Leadership For Africa Master’s Scholarship 2024/2024 for East Africa – Study In Germany
- DAAD Scholarships 2022 in Germany Fully Funded – How to Apply