The 2024 edition of the DAAD Development-Related Postgraduate Scholarship, is offering up to 934 euros for graduates and about 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates. This scholarship presents an excellent opportunity for students to acquire quality education and international exposure.
The DAAD Development-Related Postgraduate Scholarship program is initiated by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), to support candidates from developed and newly industrialized countries.
Furthermore, the programme seeks to create well-trained local experts who can contribute to the sustainable development of their countries, thereby fostering reduced poverty, enhanced education, and improved healthcare.
The benefits include:
- Monthly Financial Support
- For graduates, the scholarship provides a monthly stipend payment of 934 euros.
- Doctoral candidates receive an increased monthly payment of 1,200 euros.
- Insurance Coverage
- Scholarship holders benefit from payments covering health, accident, and personal liability insurance.
- Travel Allowance
- Scholarship holders are eligible for a travel allowance, which is particularly valuable when expenses are not covered by their home country or another source of funding.
- Additional Benefits
Under specific circumstances, scholarship holders may receive extra benefits, including:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying family members
To be eligible for the DAAD Postgraduate Scholarship, candidates must meet certain criteria:
- Applicants should work for a public authority, state, or private company in a developing country.
- Their work should be related to development policies in areas like technology, economics, or social development.
- Candidates should hold a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject, typically a four-year course.
- Candidates must have completed their academic degree with results far above the average (upper third).
- At the time of application, they should have at least two years of relevant professional experience after obtaining their Bachelor’s degree.
- The student’s degrees should not exceed six years old.
- Applicants who have been residing in Germany for over 15 months at the application deadline cannot be considered.
- For programs taught in German, candidates must pass the language examination DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 before starting their studies. A minimum German language level of B1 is required at the time of application.
- For programs in English, candidates should hold an IELTS (Band 6) certificate or TOEFL with a minimum score of 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based), or 80 (internet-based).
- Some courses may have different language requirements, so candidates should check the specific course descriptions.
- Graduates with at least two years of professional experience from eligible countries are encouraged to apply.
Selection of scholarship candidates is based on the following factors:
- Academic qualifications and potential to complete a study program in Germany.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject.
- Two years of professional experience.
- Demonstrated motivation for development-related work and a commitment to social responsibility.
Applicants need to provide the following documents as part of their application:
- Completed and signed checklist (see the list here: http://static.daad.de/media/daad_de/pdfs_nicht_barrierefrei/in-deutschland-studieren-forschen-lehren/epos_checkliste.pdf
- DAAD application for a research/study scholarship
- Curriculum vitae in reverse chronological order
- Letter of Motivation
- Letter of recommendation (current employer)
- Certificate(s) of Employment showing at least two years of relevant work experience
- Recent proof of Language Skills (English: IELTS or TOEFL, German: for courses taught in German)
- Copies of higher education degree certificates, with certified translations if not in German or English
- Full set of transcript of records, including an explanation of the grading system
- An APS Certificate from applicants from China
To apply for the DAAD Postgraduate Scholarship, qualified candidates should follow these steps:
- Submit your complete application directly to the relevant postgraduate course.
- The selection committee suggests potential scholarship candidates.
- If suggested, DAAD contacts you to upload your full application to the DAAD Portal.
- After the selection process is finalized, all suggested candidates are notified
For more details and to apply, visit the DAAD website at http://www2.daad.de/deutschland/stipendium/datenbank/en/21148-scholarship-database/?origin=165&status=3&subjectGrps=&daad=&q=&page=1&detail=50076777#voraussetzungen
CHECK THESE OUT:
- DAAD Scholarships 2023/2024 For International Students Fully Funded – APPLY NOW!
- DAAD Leadership For Africa Master’s Scholarship 2024/2024 for East Africa – Study In Germany
- Euro 2024 Will Reportedly Be Lacking 4K TV Broadcasts
- DAAD Study Scholarships 2024 – DAAD Scholarship in Music Fields | APPLY NOW
- DAAD Masters Degree Scholarships for International Students in Germany