The DAAD/AGI Research Fellowship Program 2024 is now open for applications. If you’re a scholar or specialist seeking an opportunity to go deep into the core issues shaping the German-American relationship, this Fellowship Program is for you.
DAAD-AGI Research program, generously funded by the Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD), extends a warm invitation to both senior and junior scholars and specialists.
DAAD/AGI Research Fellowship Program | What to Expect
During your tenure as a DAAD/AGI Research Fellow, you’ll wear multiple hats. Your responsibilities include presenting your research findings at a workshop attended by the broader Washington, DC, policy community.
Also, you’ll write a succinct analytical essay, destined for publication on the AGI website. This essay will also feature in the Institute’s targeted analysis newsletter, The AGI Advisor.
The DAAD/AGI Research Fellowship Program extends its hand to individuals affiliated with academic institutions, think tanks, and public policy and research organizations. The focus areas encompass subjects dealing with transatlantic relations, covering policy, politics, economics, law, education, social sciences, and humanities.
DAAD/AGI Research Fellowship Program – Eligibility Criteria
- Eligibility is open to both German nationals and non-German individuals permanently working in Germany or affiliated with the DAAD Centers for German and European Studies outside of the United States.
- Junior applicants should either hold a completed Ph.D. or be actively working on one.
- All application materials must be submitted in English and reach AGI by the specified deadline.
- If you’ve previously received a grant or other support from the DAAD within three years of the fellowship’s start date, you’re not eligible to apply, unless you’re associated with DAAD Centers for German and European Studies.
Benefits of participating In the DAAD/AGI Research Fellowship Program
Participating in the DAAD/AGI Research Fellowship Program comes with some amazing perks, such as :
- Fellows will enjoy a monthly stipend of up to €3,204, and the exact amount depends on the seniority of the applicant.
- Your journey to and from Washington, DC is covered, and you’ll receive financial support for research-related travel to institutions within the DAAD center network in North America.
- An office space at the Institute will be provided
- Accepted fellows will expand their professional networks and have the opportunity to connect with scholars, policy experts, practitioners, and officials, both in Washington, DC, and beyond.
- Mentoring plays a pivotal role in your fellowship, with AGI senior staff and in-residence fellows offering guidance and support tailored to your needs.
- Collaboration and exchange with AGI experts and other fellows will be encouraged, to ensure a rich academic experience.
Applicants are not required to submit any formal application form. However, to apply for the DAAD/AGI fellowship program, kindly compile the following materials into one PDF file:
- A cover letter that clearly states your citizenship/eligibility and how you discovered the fellowship.
- A CV should include a list of publications if applicable.
- A project proposal of 5-7 pages, double-spaced, outlining your research’s core objectives, and its relevance to the AGI mission.
- For PhD students, provide two recent letters of reference
- Proficiency in English is mandatory
- Once applications are submitted, the selection committee will review them and AGI will conduct interviews with successfully selected applicants (in person or via video conference).
- Visit the official page of the DAAD/AGI fellowship program below for more information: https://americangerman.institute/job/daad-aicgs-research-fellowship-program/
The DAAD/AGI Research Fellowship Program for the year 2024 is open until November 19, 2023.