This article gives in details on how you can get a Chef job in the United States with a VISA sponsorship. With VISA sponsorship, you can get into the United States to work with your talents and your skills. This is one of the most favorable ways to move into the United States.
To get a job in the United States with a VISA sponsorship, you do not need very deep educational qualifications. You can get a job as an unskilled laborer or apply for jobs like Chefs, receptionists, bartenders, truck drivers, etc.
Chef Job in the USA with VISA Sponsorship
One of the jobs you can get with US VISA sponsorship is the job of a Chef. To get all the information on how to get this job, read this article to the very end.
To start with, let’s get a better understanding of the duties and responsibilities of a Chef.
Who is a Chef
The word, ‘chef’ certainly isn’t a very new word to most of us. A chef is in charge of overseeing a restaurant or a Kitchen. They plan menus, maintain the budget, and prices of menu items, prepare food, purchase supplies, ensure quality of service, safety, and the management of staff.
Duties of a Chef
Some of the duties of a Chef have been listed below. However, the list below contains the major duties of a chef.
- Chefs ensure that meals are well-cooked, seasoned, and pleasing to the eyes.
- They watch over all the activities in the kitchen.
- They supervise the preparation of food for garnishing and presentation, as well as the seasoning for a perfect taste.
- Chefs order food items and ingredients and report back to their employers.
- They ensure that all safety measures are carried out by all the workers in the kitchen
Also Read: Access ART X Price 2022/2023 – Apply Now!
Requirements and Qualifications Required to Become a Chef
To become a professional Chef, you will need the following qualifications;
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Associate bachelor’s degree in culinary arts or related field
- Professional kitchen experience, you can even do an apprenticeship to enhance your experience
Skills Required to be a Chef
To become a professional chef, you must have the following skills;
- Budgeting and management
- Effective communication skills
- Developing and preparing creative, interesting, and innovative recipes
- A keen sense of taste and smell to create meals that customers will enjoy
- The Agility to handle knives and other cooking implements properly for cutting, chopping, and dicing.
- The ability to work for long hours
- Time management skills
What Type of Work VISA Do Chefs Need
To work in the USA as a chef, you will need an O-1B Visa. This visa is highly selective and it can be difficult to obtain.
The O-1B visa is for people who have extraordinary capabilities in areas of sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics or people who have demonstrated a record of extraordinary achievement in motion pictures. Chefs or cooks can apply for this VISA.
Also Read: Steps to Follow on How to Fix Quiet AirPods
Where to Find a Chef Job in The United States
To find a job in the United States especially if you are going to be an immigrant, you will have to go through online means. This is particularly not going to be easy because you are striving to get noticed among more than a thousand people.
One of the best ways to get a job online is to go through online job listing websites such as LinkedIn and Indeed. These websites are reputable for their ability to connect employers to employees.
To conduct a job search, simply visit any of these websites and search for your preferred position. Click the links below to be led straight to the websites
How to Apply for a Chef Job in the United States
To apply for the job of a Chef In the USA, follow the steps below;
- First, make sure you have all the qualifications required to get employed by a USA employer.
- After getting your complete qualifications, prepare a very good resume or CV and a professionally written cover letter.
- Now, you can visit any of the Global online job listing websites to search for a job as a chef.
- When you get all the suggestions, visit each of them Individually to get proper knowledge of the requirement and needed qualifications.
- Sort out the jobs which you qualify for and apply individually for them all.
- After submitting your application, wait for your potential or prospective employer to contact you.
If you are qualified for the job and you are picked from the list of candidates, you will be contacted by the recruiter.
Salary of a Chef
Chefs earn very decent salaries in the United States of America. If you take the role of a Chef, chances are that you will earn an average of $12 to $36 per hour.
Interview Questions for Chefs
After being called for an interview one of the best ways to become properly prepared for your job interview is to have already prepared answers to all the interview questions beforehand.
Some of these questions for the role of a chef are given below;
When Did You Decide to Become A Chef?
Note that you are supposed to be very honest with any answers you provide during an interview. This question is meant to test your confidence. No matter what your answer is, stick to telling them the truth as no one is ever fully qualified for the role of a chef.
What Is Your Signature Dish?
Every chef does have a favorite dish. Tell them about this dish and how you prepared it. Give reasons why you loved it so much and how it has been validated by other people.
How Do You Describe Your Overall Cooking Philosophy?
This is meant to test your intelligence as a cook and a chef. It could also be a test of your years of experience. Be confident about your answers giving a very in-depth explanation of this philosophy.
Companies offering Visa Sponsorship for Chefs in USA
Some companies offering these jobs with visa sponsorship in the United States of America are;
- Live Nation
Live Nation offers very exceptional club venues all through the nation. These clubs provide several genres of music such as jazz, reggae, Pop, etc. it is looking for a passionate, and motivated chef, driven with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Greek Peak Mountain Resort
This resort promises to give you an environment where you can work and play all through the year. This company is currently looking for a Head Chef that will report to the Director of Food and Beverage on a full-time basis.
Epic works with a team of talented culinary professionals to compose and prepare dishes made from scratch. You will enjoy a pay starting from $25 per hour when you get this role.
- Four Seasons Hotel
Four Seasons Hotel located in Washington DC is a hotel focused on creating a better personal connection between its guests and their team. There are other great incentives offered by this job apart from your salary.
- Radisson Hotels
Radisson Hotels is one of the top leading hotels in the world having 9 distinct hotel brands and more than 600 hotels throughout the USA and Canada.
To get more information about all these companies, visit this link.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do You Get a Sponsored Job in the USA?
Here are 6 ways to get a job with visa sponsorship in the United States;
- Look for a Job in the H1B Visa Sponsors Database
- Apply for the job and get an offer
- Find an internship
- Look for a global consulting company
- Find a job at the US University.
How Can I Work as A Chef In USA?
To work as a Chef in the United States of America, follow the steps below;
- Find a Job in a restaurant kitchen
- Get a high school diploma or a GED
- Go to Culinary school
- Get practical work experience
- Get your first chef Job
Who are the Highest Paid Chefs in the United States
These are the highest paid Chefs in the United States of America;
- Sous chef. National average salary
- Director of food and beverage. National average salary
- Executive chef. National average salary
- Food scientist. National average salary
- Food technologist
- Private chef
How Much Are Chefs Paid In USA?
Chefs in the United States earn very decent salaries in the United States of America. If you take the role of a Chef, chances are that you will earn an average of $12 to $36 per hour.