Applications are currently being accepted for the 2024 British Academy International Writing Workshops. The purpose of the Writing Workshops is to foster professional networks, and mentorship, and provide access to early career researchers in developing countries.
The goal is to familiarize them with the academic requirements of journals, including international ones, and equip them with the necessary knowledge and skills to successfully publish in these journals.
British Academy International Writing Workshops 2024
Through the Writing Workshops program, the British Academy aims to support and encourage early career researchers in developing countries to publish their work in highly influential journals in the humanities and social sciences. The workshops also aim to facilitate connections between researchers and academics, as well as journal editors both nationally and internationally. By doing so, the workshops serve as a significant career intervention, working towards long-term changes in academic culture and engaging with the broader ecosystem that researchers are a part of.
These workshops are scheduled to be held in Brazil, Egypt, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Malaysia, Philippines, South Africa, Turkey, Thailand, Vietnam, and/or Least Developed Countries.
- The maximum amount awarded for funding is £30,000. This funding is to be utilized specifically for the direct delivery of the workshops. It can be used to cover various expenses such as travel and related costs, subsistence expenses, clerical assistance and necessary materials, childcare support (including for participants), networking activities, and meeting or conference expenses.
- To apply for this opportunity, the lead applicant must be affiliated with a university or research institute in the UK that is eligible for the program. They should hold a postdoctoral position or higher, or have equivalent research experience.
- The lead applicant should either have a permanent position at the institution or a fixed-term position that covers the duration of the award.
- Each application must include at least one co-applicant from a selected list of countries including Brazil, Egypt, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Malaysia, Philippines, South Africa, Turkey, Thailand, Vietnam, and/or Least Developed Countries.
- It is important to note that all project proposals must meet the eligibility criteria for Official Development Assistance (ODA). This means that projects must have a primary objective directly and primarily relevant to addressing issues faced by developing countries. Only projects that can demonstrate meeting this criterion will be considered for funding.
How to Apply For British Academy International Writing Workshops 2024
Only online applications are accepted for this opportunity and must be submitted through the British Academy’s Flexi-Grant® Grant Management System (GMS) platform.
For more information, kindly visit the official website.
December 6, 2023.
More Related Content
- Commonwealth Foundation Grants Program 2022 – How to Apply Now
- Grow With Google on Air: Ways Grow With Google On Air Can Help Boost Your Businesses
- Microsoft Responsible AI Workshop 2023 – APPLY NOW!
- Merian Institute for Advanced Studies Writing Workshop 2023 – Apply Now
- British Government Jobs 2023 – APPLY NOW!