Applications are now being accepted for the 2024 University of Bonn SDG Fellowships, which aim to promote research on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) outlined in the United Nations’ Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development.
Bonn SDG Fellowships 2024
This fellowship program allows tenured faculty members (professors) at the University of Bonn to invite international postdoctoral fellows to collaborate on joint research projects. The researchers will work alongside a professor from the University of Bonn for a duration of one or two semesters, during which they will conduct research and participate in teaching activities.
The University of Bonn has a strong presence in Africa, Asia, and Latin America, with numerous collaborations with universities and research institutes in these regions. The SDG index highlights the significant challenges that these countries face in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals. In line with the 17th SDG, “Partnerships for the Goals,” preference will be given to researchers from the aforementioned regions for the Bonn SDG Fellowships. The objective is to support talented researchers and foster the development of networks through their participation in the program.
Funding will be provided for a minimum period of three months and a maximum of twelve months.
- Post-doctoral researchers from other countries have been invited by a professor at the University of Bonn to collaborate on a research project.
- The researcher should have an established association with a university or research institute in the specified regions that extends beyond their fellowship and should have demonstrated expertise in a research area related to the thematic spectrum of the SDGs.
The funding includes the following:
- An allowance for travel expenses (amount varies based on the country of origin).
- A monthly scholarship of €3,000 (with additional funds available for family members: up to €300 for a spouse and €250 per child).
- A research expense allowance of up to €500 per month.
- Insurance benefits are not part of the scholarship package.
Project proposals are assessed in two main areas:
- Academic Quality and Mutual Benefit (50): This pertains to the quality of the research project that will be undertaken during the stay in Bonn; relevance to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) outlined by the United Nations in its Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development; significance of the research topic to developments in the fellow’s region of origin; the fellow’s contributions to academic activities in Bonn (e.g., public lectures, seminars, or colloquiums); and the fellow’s integration into the host institute, including their place of work and involvement in existing teaching and research activities.
- Strategic Relevance and Potential for Future Cooperation (50%): This encompasses the depth of existing cooperation; plans for establishing long-term research relationships between the fellow and the host institute in Bonn; alignment with Bonn’s research profile; and how the research outcomes will be shared with wider academic communities.
In the event of two proposals receiving the same score, priority will be given to the “Academic Quality and Mutual Benefit” category.
Submission Requirement For Bonn SDG Fellowships 2024
- The application should be jointly submitted by a full-time professor at the University of Bonn alongside the fellow.
- Please be aware that we are unable to facilitate connections and communication between prospective fellows and faculty members at the University of Bonn.
How To Apply For Bonn SDG Fellowships 2024
To Apply for Bonn SDG Fellowships 2024, you must include:
- An online form submission
- A project description in PDF format, consisting of the following sections:
- An abstract of the proposed project (up to 250 words)
- An outline of the research project intended to be pursued during the fellow’s time in Bonn, tailored for a multidisciplinary audience
- Reasons for the fellow’s invitation, including a description of their contributions to research and teaching at the University of Bonn, as well as an overview of the activities through which the fellow will enhance university life during their stay
- A summary of the current partnership between the applicant and the fellow
- Details on the integration of the fellow into the host institute, including their place of work and participation in teaching and research activities
- An outline of the follow-on value, encompassing plans for the outcome of the stay and future collaboration growth
- Submission of the fellow’s CV in PDF format
- A financing plan, utilizing the provided Excel file available for download.
To access the online application form, click here.
Visit the Official Webpage of the University of Bonn SDG Fellowships 2024 For More Information.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2024
More Related Content
- Bonn International Fellowships in Germany 2024 – APPLY NOW
- Bonn International Fellowship 2024 in Germany – APPLY NOW
- UN SDGs Advocates Programme 2023 (Cohort 4) | APPLY NOW
- Karate Kid 2024 Release Date, Cast, Story, and Everything We Know…
- WISE Prize for Education 2024-2025 (Up to $1,000,000 Prize) | How…