Applications are open for the BBC International Radio Playwriting Competition 2023. It is a collaborative effort of the BBC World Service and the British Council.
This competition invites writers from around the world to submit their scripts to the 28th BBC International Radio Playwriting Competition which was open for entries since 24 October 2022.
BBC International Radio Playwriting Competition 2023
The Playwriting global competition offers an amazing opportunity for writers around the world to use the medium of audio drama to tell stories for an international audience.
The competition will have Two writers win an invitation to attend an award ceremony in London and will be an opportune to see their plays being recorded for broadcast and streaming on BBC World Service.
Furthermore, a special Commendation will be made for a runner-up in honor of the BBC World Service journalist and writer Georgi Markov (1929-1978).
Summary of the BBC International Radio Playwriting Competition
- Organization: BBC
- Country: Two writers who emerges winners will be invited to attend an award ceremony in London
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: February 12, 2023
BBC is the national broadcaster of the UK, it is Headquartered at the Broadcasting House in London. BBC is currently the world’s oldest national broadcaster and the largest broadcaster in the world by number of employees (over 22,000 staff)
The UK national broadcaster (BBC) is impartial and independent in its operations, it also offers distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in the UK and around the world.
Benefits of BBC International Radio Playwriting Competition
- The competition will have Two winners emerge and have their plays recorded and broadcast on BBC World Service.
- The winners will also receive £2,500 sterling and a trip to London
- Cost coverage for airfare and accommodation for one person to attend an award ceremony.
- BBC will also be awarded a Special Commendation in the name of the writer Georgi Markov, for the play with the most potential on the shortlist.
How to Apply for BBC International Radio Playwriting Competition 2023?
Interested Applicants should note that entries must be submitted in one of the following ways:
- Submit an entry by post to the following address: The International Playwriting Competition 2023, BBC Radio Drama, Room 6015 BBC Broadcasting House, Portland Place, London W1A 1AA, United Kingdom
- By completing an online form at: https://www.bbc.co.uk/send/u21134593
- Visit BBC website below for more details: https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/2022/international-radio-playwriting-competition-2023
Eligibility Criteria for BBC International Radio Playwriting Competition Qualification
- Applications to the BBC International Radio Playwriting Competition 2023 is open to anyone, however, the applicant must be over the age of 18 (as of 31 January 2020),
- Applicants who are not normally a resident of the United Kingdom can apply
- The competition is open to both new and established writers to apply.
- The application is in two categories: One is for entrants who speak English as a first language, and the other is for entrants with English as a second language.
- Please note that BBC may require proof of eligibility for the second category.
February 12, 2023.
Also Read: How to Clean and Care for Your Jewelry