The Australian Government Research Scholarship, commonly referred to as the RTP Scholarship, is a golden opportunity for students aspiring to pursue higher education in Australia. Applications are on going the 2023-2024 edition of the prestigious RTP Scholarship award.
This fully funded scholarship program offers domestic and international students the chance to enroll in an accredited HDR (Higher Degree by Research) course and pursue a Master’s or PhD degree in various academic fields.
Details About Australian Government Research Scholarship
The Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) is a prestigious scholarship program funded by the Australian government. It offers fully funded scholarships to both domestic and international students enrolled in HDR courses.
The financial support provided is aimed to attracting and retaining talented individuals who can contribute to the research and innovation landscape of Australia.
Australian Government Research Scholarship 2023-24 Summary:
- Host University: Australian Universities
- Degree level: Masters, PhD
- Scholarship coverage: Fully Funded
- Nationality: Domestic & International
- Award country: Australia
- Gender: Male and Female
- Application Deadline: Varies with Participating University
Australian Government Research Scholarship 2023-24 is a Fully Funded Program that will Cover the Following Expenses:
- Provision of stipends (annual living expenses) worth $29,863 to successful candidates. The stipend is for two years Research Masters degree, and three Years for a Research Doctoral Degree.
- Full Tuition Fee Waiver for two years Masters Program & four years PhD Degree.
- Medical Funds (Paid sick leave).
- Overseas Student Health Cover
- A $1000 Travel Allowance Airfare to cover for the student’s travel from their home country to/from Adelaide.
- Costs coverage of AUD$840 for Doctoral candidates and AUD$420 for Masters by Research candidates, towards Submission of the Thesis
- Master’s Program: Up to 2 Years
- PhD Program: Up to 4 Years.
List of Participating Universities
- Australian Catholic University
- Batchelor Institute of Indigenous Tertiary Education
- Bond University
- Central Queensland University
- Charles Darwin University
- Charles Sturt University
- Curtin University
- Deakin University
- Edith Cowan University
- Federation University Australia
- Flinders University
- Griffith University
- James Cook University
- La Trobe University
- Macquarie University
- Monash University
- Murdoch University
- Queensland University of Technology
- Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
- Southern Cross University
- Swinburne University of Technology
- The Australian National University
- The University of Adelaide
- The University of Melbourne
- The University of Notre Dame Australia
- The University of Queensland
- The University of Sydney
- The University of Western Australia
- Torrens University of Australia
- University of Canberra
- University of Divinity
- University of New South Wales
- University of Newcastle
- University of South Australia
- University of Southern Queensland
- University of Tasmania
- University of Technology Sydney
- University of the Sunshine Coast
- University of Wollongong
- Victoria University
- Western Sydney University
To be eligible for the Australian Government Research Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree with honors (First Class or Second Class Division A) or equivalent qualifications.
- Fulfill the English language proficiency requirements set by the participating university.
- Meet the admission requirements of the university and the specific HDR course.
- Be an Australian citizen, a permanent resident of Australia, or an international student.
- Must not have previously held a research qualification equivalent to or higher than an Australian research master’s degree.
- Meet any additional eligibility criteria specified by the participating university.
Application Process for the RTP Scholarship 2023-24
The application process for the Australian Government Research Scholarship varies slightly among different universities. Below are general steps to follow:
- Research and identify the universities and HDR courses that align with your academic and research interests.
- Visit the official website of the selected university and navigate to the scholarship section.
- Find the Australian Government Research Scholarship (RTP) and carefully read the guidelines and eligibility criteria.
- Prepare the required documents, including academic transcripts, research proposal, curriculum vitae (CV), and letters of recommendation.
- After completing the online application form with accurate information, Submit it before the specified deadline.
- Official link: https://www.education.gov.au/research-block-grants/research-training-program
How can I apply for the Australian Government Research Scholarship?
To apply for the scholarship, you need to research the participating universities, review the eligibility criteria, and complete the online application form before the deadline.
Is the Australian Government Research Scholarship open to international students?
Yes, the scholarship is open to both international students include domestic students
What expenses does the Australian Government Research Scholarship cover?
The scholarship covers full tuition fees, a stipend for living expenses, health insurance, and travel allowances.
Can I pursue a Master’s or PhD degree in any field of study under this scholarship?
Yes, the scholarship is available for various academic fields and majors, including Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematical Sciences, Health Sciences, Arts, Professions, and Sciences.
How many universities participate in the Australian Government Research Scholarship program?
More than 40 Australian universities participate in the scholarship program.
More Related Content
- Research Training Program International (RTP Scholarship) 2022/2023 At University Of South Australia – Fully Funded
- Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship 2023/2024 – APPLY NOW
- The Australian National University – Research Scholarship 2022 | How to Apply Now
- Top 7 Australian Scholarships for International Students
- Australia Awards Fellowships Program 2023/2024 for Developing countries – APPLY NOW!