The African Research Excellence Fund (AREF) and the UK Medical Research Council (MRC) are jointly offering the AREF-MRC Towards Leadership Programme 2023/24. The program aims to develop the research leadership skills of African researchers, to promote the sustainable development of health research in Africa.
The program is aimed at developing the research leadership skills of African researchers, to promote sustainable development of health research in Africa. It is expected to run from October 2023 to October 2024, combining about two residential workshops and one virtual workshop
Advantages of Participating in the AREF-MRC Towards Leadership Programme 2023/24
The AREF-MRC Towards Leadership Programme offers numerous benefits to selected participants, including:
- Training and mentorship to develop leadership, project management, and research skills.
- Networking opportunities with other researchers, health professionals, and funders.
- Participants will have Opportunity to access funds for their research projects.
- The opportunity to contribute to the sustainable development of health research in Africa.
Application Process for AREF-MRC Towards Leadership Programme 2023/24
The application process for the AREF-MRC Towards Leadership Programme is online, click this link to apply: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/P9Y2NP5
Please note that applicants are required to submit the following:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A two-page personal statement, outlining their research interests, leadership experience, and how the program will benefit their career goals.
- A letter of support from their current employer or institution, stating their role and confirming their availability to attend the program if selected.
- Two reference letters from individuals who are familiar with the applicant’s research and leadership skills.
- Application Deadline: May 12, 2023.
In other to be considered eligible for the AREF-MRC Towards Leadership Programme, all applicants must fulfill the conditions below:
- He/She is expected to be a citizen of a sub-Saharan African country
- Should posses a Ph.D. or equivalent degree in a relevant field
- Attain a minimum of three years of postdoctoral research experience
- Must demonstrate a track record of research in health-related fields
- Have a leadership or management role in a research institution or project
The AREF-MRC Towards Leadership Programme is a unique opportunity for African researchers to develop their research leadership skills, to enable them to contribute more effectively to the development of sustainable health research in Africa.
The program provides training and mentorship, networking opportunities, access to funding opportunities, and the opportunity to contribute to the sustainable development of health research in Africa.
More Related Content
- AREF MRC Towards Leadership Programme 2023 – Apply Now
- Top Five Us Universities Offering Fully Funded Scholarships in USA For International Students – APPLY NOW!
- Facebook Manager Interview – The Responsibilities of the Facebook Manager
- Google Solution Challenge for Academic Students From All Over The World | How to Apply Now
- Market Researcher Jobs with Visa Sponsorship in the USA – Apply Now
- Facebook Grants Programme for Small Businesses: Facebook Launches Small Business Grants Program