The Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting is a non-profit organization that funds independent journalism, particularly focusing on underreported issues and regions. The organization is inviting applications for the Pulitzer Center AI Accountability Fellowships 2023, offering grants of up to $20,000 to support reporting projects that use artificial intelligence (AI) to hold powerful institutions accountable.
The fellowships are open to journalists and news organizations worldwide and aim to support innovative and impactful reporting that leverages AI technology.
Overview of the Pulitzer Center AI Accountability Fellowships
The field of journalism has undergone a major transformation in recent years, owing to the advancements in technology and the emergence of new digital tools and platforms. One such tool that has revolutionized the way news is reported and analyzed is artificial intelligence (AI).
With the ability to process and analyze vast amounts of data in a fraction of the time it would take humans, AI has become an invaluable resource for journalists looking to hold powerful institutions accountable. The Pulitzer Center 2023 AI Accountability Fellowships aim to support such reporting projects and promote the use of AI in journalism.
About Pulitzer Center
The Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting was founded in 2006 by Emily Rauh Pulitzer, a philanthropist and member of the Pulitzer family, which has a long-standing legacy in journalism.
The organization provides funding to independent journalists and news organizations to cover underreported issues and regions across the globe. The center has supported over 700 reporting projects, resulting in over 10,000 news stories and reaching millions of readers and viewers worldwide.
Benefits of Participating in the Pulitzer Center AI Accountability Fellowships
- Have access to Mentorship and specialized training opportunities.
- Gain public records access support.
- Connect with a Community of like-minded colleagues that will continue beyond the Fellowship.
- Access up to $20,000 to cover the following expenses: Records requests, travel expenses, data analysis, and stipends.
- Successful Candidates will also have the opportunity to collaborate with investors for future projects.
How to Apply for Pulitzer Center AI Accountability Fellowships 2023?
All Interested and qualified candidates should go to Pulitzer Center on: pulitzercenter.submittable.com/submit/218563/ai-accountability-fellowships to apply
Eligibility Criteria for Pulitzer Center AI Accountability Fellowships
- The AI Accountability Fellowships is open to journalists who are working on diverse platforms such as Print, radio, video, and multimedia
- The Fellowship welcomes team player Candidates with experience or the ability to work collaboratively across newsrooms and borders
- Prospective Reporters must possess a strong interest in the global impact of AI.
- Candidates are expected to be willing to join the outreach activities related to their investigations.
- Application Deadline: July 01, 2023.
Expectations of the fellows
The fellows are expected to conduct rigorous and independent reporting using AI technology and to produce high-quality and impactful stories that shed light on important issues and hold powerful institutions accountable.
The fellows are also expected to share their experiences and insights with the journalism community and participate in workshops and events organized by the Pulitzer Center.
The Pulitzer Center 2023 AI Accountability Fellowships offer a unique opportunity for journalists and news organizations to explore the potential of AI in holding powerful institutions accountable.
By supporting innovative and impactful reporting projects, the fellowships can help promote transparency, accountability, and public engagement, and contribute to a more informed and empowered society.
What is the deadline for applying for the Pulitzer Center 2023 AI Accountability Fellowships?
The deadline for submissions is July 01, 2023.
Are the fellowships open to journalists and news organizations from any country or region?
Yes, the fellowships are open to applicants worldwide.
Can I apply as a team or collaborative project?
Yes, applications from teams or collaborative projects are welcome.
What is the maximum amount of funding offered by the fellowships?
The fellowships offer grants of up to $20,000 to cover reporting expenses.