The African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) is inviting outstanding African Students to apply for the Afreximbank Internship 2023.
Afreximbank has the mandate to promote and finance trade in Africa, the bank seeks to facilitate a wider understanding of the problems of African trade and trade finance.
AFREXIMBANK Internship 2023
The Afreximbank Internship provides is an amazing career opportunity with the bank for eligible students. Upon Successful completion of the internship program, Interns are expected to leave with a better knowledge of the Bank’s mandate and operating model, which they will put to use as they develop their careers.
Furthermore, interns are expected to contribute new ideas to the operations of the Bank. Meanwhile, the Afreximbank Internship is open to students who are nationals of the Bank’s member countries a list of which is available on the Bank’s website.
Details of AFREXIMBANK Internship Program
- Organization: African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank)
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: Not Specified
- Duration of Afreximbank internships: 6 months twice a year (June and December). However, Applications for internships are received throughout the year.
Afreximbank was established in 1993, it is a pan-African multilateral trade finance Institution created under the auspices of the African Development Bank.
Also, Afreximbank is headquartered in Cairo, Egypt, the bank has the vision to be the trade finance bank for Africa.
Afreximbank shareholders include African governments, African private and institutional investors as well as non-African private and institutional investors.
How to Apply for AFREXIMBANK Internship Program 2022
- Upon Successful approval, candidates will be given two weeks within which to accept a conditional offer from the Bank or have it expired.
- Candidates will be expected to show evidence of medical insurance and group personal accident cover that is valid in Egypt.
- For more details,visit AFREXIMBANK website: https://www.afreximbank.com/careers/vacancies/internship/internship-opportunities/
Eligibility Criteria for AFREXIMBANK Internship Program
The internship program at Afreximbank is open to:
- Students with evidence of enrollment in full-time undergraduate or postgraduate study programs in a recognized institution of learning in the year of the internship are preferred.
- Candidates whose field of study is in the following fields will be given Preference: Economics, Business administration, Finance, Accounting, Social sciences, statistics, law or related fields;
- Eligible to apply include Nationals of the Bank’s member states;
- The internship is to students with Fluency in English or French and a working knowledge of the other. Note that Knowledge of Arabic or Portuguese will be an added advantage; and
- To be eligible, Candidates must be aged between 20 and 32 in the year in which they apply for the internship;
- Afreximbank staff children are not eligible to participate in this program.
Documents Required for Application
- Letter of application;
- Current CV
- Valid passport
- Relevant academic certificates;
- A recommendation note for an internship from the institution of learning that they are attending. The note should include the proposed period of internship up to a maximum of six months;
- A Statement of Intent (maximum of 1 A4 page) indicating what they expect to gain out of the internship program;