The Asia Foundation LeadNext Fellowship Program 2023 is currently accepting applications from eligible international youth applicants. It is a dynamic fellowship program that focuses on global citizenship.
Through this fellowship Program, LeadNext seeks to establish a vibrant network of future leaders from the age of 18 to 25 years from across Asia and the United States and supports their growth, impact, and capacity to address current issues of our present day.
Asia Foundation LeadNext Fellowship Program 2023
The need for a new generation of minded leaders is paramount to effect the profound structural changes that will transform geopolitics, global governance, the global economic order, and social landscape over the next decade.
The LeadNext fellowship programme equips emerging leaders across cultures and disciplines with strong international networks. Fellows are also exposed to wide-ranging experiences, and leadership tools to thoughtfully steer the future.
Details of Asia Foundation LeadNext Fellowship
- Application Deadline: 31 October 2022
- Application Status: Open
- Host Organization: Asia Foundation
- Location: U.S.
- Gender: Male/Female
- Funding Type: Partially-funded
- Number of Available Positions: 20
- Degree Level: None
- Eligible Countries: Asia Countries and U.S.
- Program Duration: N/A
- Official Language Required: English
- Fields: Leadership
About Asia Foundation
Asia Foundation is a renowned nonprofit international development organization, it is committed to improving lives across a dynamic and developing Asia-Pacific.
With six decades of experience and deep local expertise, the Foundation’s work across the region is focused on good governance, women’s empowerment and gender equality, inclusive economic growth, environment, and climate action, and regional and international relations.
Asia foundation operates with a mission to improve lives, expand opportunities, and help societies flourish across a dynamic and developing Asia.
The Foundation believes that Harnessing the innovation and energy of young leaders is key in achieving a Positive and lasting change. But, this depends on leaders who can move ideas and action forward to address rising inequality, find solutions to climate crises, mitigate conflict, and empower communities most vulnerable and insecure.
Benefits of Participating in the Asia Foundation LeadNext Fellowship Programme
- Fellows will participate in a Leadership Training from Jan-Mar 2023 where Fellows meet 1-3 times a week over several weeks to build competencies in social change leadership.
- Fellows will also acquire tools for self-awareness, public speaking and elevating impact. They’re expected to work together to expand their understanding of globalization and global citizenship.
- Participation in a Monthly Virtual Masterclass (Mar-Jul 2023), where Global experts will provide exposure to the real-world experiences of leaders in the United States and Asia addressing a range of 21st century issues.
- Participating Fellows will develop lasting skills, tools, and frameworks to better understand the policies and ecosystems that drive impact.
- Global Leaders Summit on the 17th July, 2023 where fellows will deepen and expand their learning through rigorous exchange, continued leadership development, and tools to tackle 21st century challenges.
- Gain exposure to approaches and best practices in innovative leadership.
- Fellows will be assigned a with a professional mentor based on their specific interests. The mentors are from the Foundation’s broad network to connect emerging leaders with recognized leaders, influencers, and shapers.
How to Apply for Asia Foundation LeadNext Fellowship Programme
- All Interested and qualified candidates can apply for the LeadNext Fellowship by visiting the Official webpage on: https://webportalapp.com/sp/login/leadnext2023_apply
Criteria for Asia Foundation LeadNext Fellowship Programme
In other to be eligible for the LeadNext Fellowship programme, candidates must meet the requirements below:
- Candidates must be Aged between 18-25 during the entire programme year.
- Must be Fully conversant in English.
- The Applicant must be able to commit to attending all sessions with an understanding that they are working across many time zones.
- Note that Virtual sessions will take place in the mornings in Asia and evenings in the United States for approximately 2 hours per session. Hence, the Summit is a full-time commitment.
October 31, 2022