We are pleased to inform you that Applications for the SSRC-APN Individual Research Fellowships 2023 are now open.
African Peacebuilding Network (APN) invites research fellowship applications from African researchers, policy analysts, and practitioners who are currently working on conflict and peacebuilding issues at universities and research institutions based in Africa.
SSRC-APN Individual Research Fellowships
This research fellowship program is a platform for enhancing the quality and visibility of independent African peacebuilding research both regionally and globally while making peacebuilding knowledge accessible to key stakeholders, policymakers, and research centers of excellence in Africa and the world at Large.
About SSRC-APN Individual Research Fellowship
The SSRC-APN Individual Research Fellowship recipients produce research-based knowledge that is relevant to, and has a significant impact on, peacebuilding scholarship, policy, and practice on the African continent.
The African Peacebuilding Network is aimed at adding the evidence-based knowledge produced by the fellowship recipients into regional and global debates and policies focusing on peacebuilding.
The program is designed to establish a highly visible and active network of African scholars and practitioners capable of projecting African perspectives and voices onto global discourses, knowledge, and practices of peacebuilding.
Details of SSRC-APN Individual Research Fellowships
- Host Organization: Social Science Research Council (SSRC)
- Country: Africa
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: February 10, 2023
- No of Fellowship Award: 17
About Social Science Research Council (SSRC)
SSRC is a nonprofit international organization established in 1923. The Social Science Research Council (SSRC) fosters innovative research, nurtures new generations of social scientists, and deepens how inquiry is practiced within and across disciplines, and mobilizes necessary knowledge on important public issues.
The Organization is guided by the belief that justice, prosperity, and democracy all require better understanding of complex social, cultural, economic, and political processes.
Benefits of SSRC-APN Individual Research Fellowships to Recipients
The SSRC-APN Individual Research fellowship awards up to 17 individual fellowships of a maximum of $15,000 each
How to Apply SSRC-APN Individual Research Fellowships
- Visit the Social Science Research Council (SSRC) on ssrc.secure-platform.com to apply
- To get more information, Visit SSRC website on: https://www.ssrc.org/programs/african-peacebuilding-network/apn-individual-research-fellowships/
Eligibility Criteria for SSRC-APN Individual Research Fellowships
- The ideal Applicants must be African citizens currently residing in an African country.
- Applicants who are in the Academics are required to posses a faculty or research position at an African university or research organization. They also must have a PhD no earlier than January 2013 to be eligible
- For Applicants who have not been awarded their PhDs by February 10, 2023 will not have their cases prioritized to be eligible as academics.
- Those who are policy analysts or practitioners must be based in Africa at a regional or sub-regional institution; a government agency; or a nongovernmental, media, or civil society organization.
Documents Required for Application
- Completed Application Form
- Research Proposal & Bibliography
- Expected publication(s)
- Current CV
- Proposed Research Timeline
- Proposed Research Budget
- Two Reference Letters
- Language Evaluations
February 10, 2023
- 6 Amazing Reasons why you must Invest in Yourself
- ExxonMobil Graduate Internship Programme 2022/2023 for Young Nigerian Graduates – How to Apply
- How AI Is Transforming Mobile App Development
- Imperial College London President’s PhD Scholarships 2023 – Apply Now!
- France Government Scholarship for International Students Fully Funded – APPLY NOW!
- Snapnet Graduate Trainee Program 2023 For Nigerian Graduates: How to Apply