It can be so annoying ads interrupt my streaming whenever using YouTube. That is why YouTube is good news to the ear. But this article is solely on The YouTube Premium family plan that has saved you the stress of getting separate accounts or paying a separate subscription as a family. This means a family could be using one premium account and still enjoy the benefit of using YouTube premium.
This is a paid membership to help you to increase your experience on YouTube and related YouTube app. With YouTube Premium is a subscription service you can enjoy ad-free and offline play. You watch your videos uninterrupted by ads while using other apps. This service was launched on November 14, 2014.
Features of YouTube Premium
- With YouTube Premium, you get to enjoy ad-free streaming. You can watch as many videos as you want without any form of advert interruption or even video overlay ad that comes between the video.
- You have access to downloading videos to watch offline: You can download videos and watch them later without any internet connection.
- You can watch with the background play and picture in picture settings. This feature is unique in a way that you don’t need to have your screen on to listen to music but your screen can be turned off with whatever you are playing still playing.
Background play is available on your YouTube mobile app when you have signed in to your YouTube premium membership account. While the picture-in-picture lets you use other videos while doing activities in other apps on your mobile device.
How to Set Background play
- First, you go to your setting, and under “background and downloads” choose Background Play.
- There would be options like: Always on the default setting which means videos will always play in the background, Off which means videos will never play in the background, Headphones or external speakers which means the background videos will only play in the background whenever you are on headphones or using any other external audio.
YouTube Music Premium
This is a paid music membership for YouTube music users.
Benefits of using YouTube Music Premium
- Enjoy millions of songs and videos on YouTube music without ads.
- Download songs and videos directly to your device for offline purposes.
- Turn on audio-only mode to listen to music without loading the video.
- Use background play to keep your music playing while you use other apps.
On YouTube originals, you can get series and movies from YouTube’s best creators immediately after there are launched.
Lists of YouTube Original
This is a list of YouTube Original shows.
- Cobra Kai (2018): This movie is a combination of action, comedy, and drama. It is talking about a middle-aged man who finds himself in a martial art rivalry with Jonny Lawrence. The stars of the movie are Ralph Macchio, William Zabka, Courtney Henggeler, and Xolo Mariduena.
- Impulse (2018): This movie is a combination of action, drama, and sci-fi. It is about a young woman who discovers a unique and extraordinary part of her which is teleportation. Starring Maddie Hasson, Sarah Desjardins, Enuka Okuma, and Craig Arnold.
- Wayne (2019): This is another show with a combination of action and comedy. Talking about a 16-year-old dirty harry with a heart of gold, who went from Boston to Florida with his small, accompanied by his newfound friend named Del to take back what was taken from him which his father’s shit-hot 79’ Trans-Am given to him by his father before his passing. It Starring Mark McKenna, Ciara Bravo, Joshua J. Williams, and Stephen Kearin.
- Origin (2018): This show is for lovers of horror, having a combination of horror and Sci-fi. A group of strangers struggles for survival aboard a spaceship heading to a distant planet. Stars are Natalia Tena, Tom Felton, Sen Mitsuji, and Nora Arnezeder.
- Dallas and Robo (2018): This is a combination of animation, comedy, and Sci-fi. This is an adult animated show that talks about a space trucker named Dallas and a robot that dresses up like a cowboy. Dallas and the robot travel around in search of work. It Starring John Cena, Kat Dennings, Stephen Root, and Tim Blake Nelson.
- Lifeline (2017): This is a combination of Action, thriller, and sci-fi. This is about a lifeline insurance agency that specifically trains agents to jump forward in time to save the life of their clients by preventing their death. Starring Zach Gilford, Syndey Park, Alexandra Yuman, and Usman Ally
- Weird City (2019): This is a combination of comedy and sci-fi. The twilight zone looks at the people living in a city from the future where the haves and the haves are not strictly separated by a wall. It Starring LeVar Burton, Cynthy Wu, Anthony Holiday, and Emily Kosloski.
- Step Up: High Water (2018): A cool combination of drama and Music. This series is about the students and teachers at High Water Performing Arts School in Atlanta. It Starring Marcus Emmanuel Mitchell, Terrence Green, Ne-Yo, and Naya Rivera.
- Youth & Consequences (2018): This is a combination of comedy and drama. A teen girl from Central Rochester High struggles for power within the school system. It Starring Anna Akana, Sean Grandillo, Katie Sarife, and Sophie Reynolds.
- Ryan Hansen Solves Crime on Television (2017): This show is a combination of action, comedy, and crime. This is a world where two Hollywood actors partner with real cops to solve crimes on their shows, a no-nonsense cop is forced to team up with an airheaded actor, Ryan Hansen, for his new YouTube Premium crime reality show. It Starring Ryan Hansen, Aly Michalka, Samira Wiley, and Noelle E. Parker.
- Sing It (2016): This is a combination of comedy and music. This movie is a scripted comedy that lovingly makes fun of the reality singing competitions that have become a centerpiece of pop culture. When the SING IT executive producer is fired, Stacy Needles’s plan to take charge is thwarted by the arrival of newcomer indie producer, Drew. It Starring Mircea Monroe, Mark Jude Sullivan, Preston Jones, and Laura Schein.
- Good Game (2017): This movie is specifically comedy. A group of video game players joins up to take on the Esports gaming world in search of fame and fortune. It Starring Dan Avidan, Arin Hanson, Michele Morrow, and Jade Payton.
- Sideswiped (2018): This comedy movie is about Olivia who clocked on 35 years and is still single. Frustrated by the fact that she is 35 and still single she vowed to date 252 of all her tinder matches. It Starring Carly Craig, Rosanna Arquette, Chelsea Frei, and Craig Frank.
- Bad Internet (2016): This is a comedy movie. From the College Humor comes the idea of Bad internet an arthrology series featuring darkly comedic stories about technology and the internet failing in surprising ways. It Starring Grant O’Brien, Siobhan Thompson, Zac Oyama, and George Liu.
- Foursome (2016): This is a comedy specification movie. This is about Andie going on a mission to shake her stigma with the help of her three best friends. It Starring Jenn McAllister, Cameron Mouline, Rickey Thompson, and Meghan Falcone.
- Kevin Hart: What the Fit (2018): This is a combination of comedy and sport. Kevin invites his friends to join him in taking on a different whacky workout from sumo wrestling with Conan O’Brien to goat yoga with Khloe Kardashian and cowboy rodeoing with Leslie Jones. It Starring Kevin Hart, Ike Catcher, Niecy Nash, and Jack Black.
- The Age of A.I (2019): This is a documentary of an 8-part documentary series hosted by Robert Downey Jr. covering the ways artificial intelligence, Machine Learning, and Neural Networks will change the world.
Differences between YouTube Music Premium and YouTube Premium
There is not much difference between the two options. YouTube Music Premium has the ad-free option which gives you unlimited and uninterrupted streaming at $9.99 per month. While with YouTube Premium, you can watch videos on YouTube Without interruption from adverts and you can stream from YouTube Music Premium.
YouTube Premium and YouTube Music Premium both have the similarity of allowing background play that lets you go on doing other activities. Unlike YouTube without premium does not let you have background play, once you leave YouTube it would stop playing.
YouTube Premium is not beneficial for members but also for creators. This is a big gain to all YouTubers because, with the background play, you can get access to YouTube originals, and the options to download and watch offline would be of benefit to the YouTuber and followers.
Another beneficial aspect of YouTube premium is the aspect of YouTube sharing revenue with creators. They (creators) can only be paid by the Watch Time they earn from their premium subscribers.
Currently, the platform is hosting a beta test for YouTube premium, It works by subscribers voluntarily sending money to their favorite creators.
How to Upgrade your Premium to a Family Premium Plan
If you are using an individual premium plan and would like to add your family members to enjoy the premium then follow the steps below:
- Go to purchases and memberships under the options of the profile picture in your YouTube app.
- Tap on “get family plan”.
- Tap on “buy” to get the family plan.
- Set up your google family group. Make sure to follow the instruction shown to you and answer every question properly to get your google family plan set.
Setting up for YouTube Premium family plan
Setting up for a YouTube premium family plan is very important because with this subscription you can share your membership with 5 other family members. There are options to consider before setting up your YouTube premium family plan:
- The family member sharing the YouTube family plan must live in the same household as the family manager.
- You can change your family group once every 12 months.
- Each family member’s name, photo, and email address will be shared with the group.
How to sign up for YouTube Premium and add a Family Group
These are the steps for those who have never signed up with YouTube Premium. So try following up on the steps carefully.
- Open your YouTube app and tap on your profile picture and tap on purchases and memberships.
- Under the purchases and memberships option, you are to choose the option which is “membership”.
- Click or save money with a family or student plan.
- Select “get family plan”.
Adding A Family Member
- Sign in to Google Account associated with your YouTube paid membership.
- Then go to edited next to family sharing settings.
- Then next to the family sharing settings you would see an option you should click “Edit”.
- Then tap on invite family members to choose the family member you would love to add.
- The next page would be the part adding the details of the family member you would like to add. For example the email address or phone number.
- You will always get an email notification whenever someone joins your family after you have clicked “send” to finish up the procedure of adding someone to the plan.
What is the cost of a family plan YouTube premium?
Currently, the YouTube premium family plan has increased the amount of their plan. The version with ad-free, offline viewing and music subscription services that give you access to six accounts. It was increased from $17.99 to $22.99 per month. This is the current price in the US.
How Does the family plan YouTube premium work?
The YouTube family plan permits you to share your YouTube paid membership with your family members who live at the same address as you. The family manager Is the primary account holder. The role of the family manager is to create a Google family group and can add any family member of choice.
Can join the YouTube family plan at a different address?
No, you cannot do that. Because it is only eligible for those members living in the same residence with the Family manager. And every 30 days there is an electronic follow-up of the instruction.
How Many Accounts does YouTube Premium family have?
For YouTube Premium family plan users can share membership with a member who lives in the same residential address.
Can You share YouTube TV in different houses?
The family manager sets the home area, each family member must primarily live in the same household. Family group members need to periodically use YouTube TV in their home location to keep access. The family manager will have to change the home location.