University of York in England is inviting Qualified African Students to apply for the York Global Widening Participation Scholarship 2023.
York University is offering three full scholarships for secondary/high school students from Latin America, Sub-Saharan Africa and Ukraine.
Below are more details about the York Global Widening Participation Scholarship, find out more and apply, applications are open until 17 February 2023, 11.59 pm GMT.
Details About York Global Widening Participation Scholarship
- Type: College School
- Host Institution: University of York
- Country to study: England, United Kingdom
- Study at: York University
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: February 17, 2022
About the University of York
The University of York is founded in 1963 as a collegiate research university, it is based in the city of York, England.
Since its inception, the University of York has expanded to over thirty departments and centres, covering a wide range of subjects. The university campus covers about 500 acres (200 hectares) in size.
The University of York was granted permission to build an extension to its main campus in May 2007, the nearby village of Heslington however, the second campus, Campus East, opened in 2009 and currently hosts four colleges and three departments as well as conference spaces, a sports village and a business start-up ‘incubator’.
Financial Benefits of York Global Widening Participation Scholarship 2023
York Global Widening Participation Scholarship will cover the following costs related to the program:
- Covers the programme fee of £3,497
- The travel costs according to the University’s travel and expenses policy
- Cost of passport and visa costs (up to £300)
- A £100 spending money will be given to participants
How to Apply for York Global Widening Participation Scholarship 2023
- Visit the application webpage found below to complete the electronic scholarship application form.
- It’s important to complete the form after you have received the school support letter and written up your personal statement.
- All scholarship applications will be evaluated against the selection criteria.
- Successful shortlisted applications will be invited to a short online interview to further discuss their application. Subsequently, the Interviews will take place between 27 February and 3 March 2023.
- Go to the University of York at: https://uni-york.formstack.com/forms/pre_university_scholarship to apply
Eligibility Criteria for York Global Widening Participation Scholarship Qualification
The Scholarship is open to Candidates who meet the requirements below
- Candidates who are currently enrolled in a secondary education
- Those with citizenship from any country in Latin America or Sub-Saharan Africa or from Ukraine
- Candidates who meet the minimum recommended level of English language skills (CEFR B2, IELTS 5, TOEFL 44+ or Duolingo 75+
- Must be able to prove your academic motivation
- The family’s financial situation would not enable you to participate in the programme without this scholarship
- To be eligible, this would be your first study abroad experience.
Candidates will likely get the scholarship if:
- None of your parents attended university (or they went to university as a mature students during your secondary education)
- Candidates are estranged from your family
- They’re from a military family
- The Candidate has a disability or long-term health condition
- Him or Her belongs to an ethnic minority group in their country.
Documents Required for Application
- Personal statement
- School support letter
- Check the official webpage stated above for more details on the required documents.
February 17, 2022
CEHCK THIS OUT:
- Chalmers University of Technology Scholarships 2023 in Sweden – How to Apply!
- Goldsmiths University of London Scholarships 2023 for International Undergraduates – How to Apply!
- Steps to Getting a Good Scholarship in 2023
- Bournemouth University Academic Excellence Scholarship In United Kingdom – How to Apply Now
- University College London (UCL) Global Master’s Scholarship 2023 – How to Apply Now