The Emerging Writers Fellowship Program is only one of WestWords’ range of fellowships for writers nearing completion of major work. In partnership with Copyright Agency Cultural Fund, these fellowships provide writers in the final stages of completing their first major work, a program of tailored mentorship and professional development.
The Westwords Emerging Writers Fellowship Program 2022 is open to emerging writers who are currently working in genres such as fiction, non-fiction, journalism, poetry and song lyrics, and other forms of creative writing.
WestWords Emerging Writers Fellowship Program 2022
A part of Westwords Fellowships will be granted to an emerging writer who’s specifically writing for children and/or young people. The fellowship also accommodates Illustrators with a demonstrated interest in the narrative through visual media.
Should you apply for this program, you will receive a tailored mentorship for a period of 6 to 9 months.
The Westwords Emerging Writers Fellowship Program has three parts to it:
- The Development of your work as a writer
- Mentorship opportunities
- Working in Western Sydney with other young writers
Summary of WestWords Emerging Writers Fellowship Program 2022
- Organization: WestWords
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: September 26, 2022
- Genres: fiction, non-fiction, journalism, poetry and song lyrics
- Mentorship: 6 to 9 months.
WestWords has a commitment to creating and sharing the stories of the people, places and cultures that comprise the heart of Western Sydney. It’s Centre for Writing is based in Parramatta.
The philosophy of WestWords is guided with a belief in the power of literature and literacy (written, oral and visual), self-expression and creativity to change lives and the experience of communities.
Westwords offers professional opportunities for the growth of distinctive voices with a focus on children and young people and through a comprehensive program of workshops, residencies, fellowships and support for writers.
The quality and impact of WestWords activities/engagements has been recognised widely across the arts, education and business community. In the Western Sydney Awards for Business Excellence (WWSAB) WestWords immerged as the winner of the 2020 and 2021 Excellence in Arts and Culture Awards.
Additionally, the executive director of WestWords (Michael Campbell) was also awarded with the 2021 Outstanding Business Leader Award.
WestWords Emerging Writers Fellowship Program Aim and Benefits
It comprises of 3 Fellowships of $4,000 of which each are offered to emerging writers from the Greater Western Sydney region.
How to Apply for WestWords Emerging Writers Fellowship Program 2022
Please follow the steps below to apply for WestWords Emerging Writers Fellowship
- Download The Application by clicking the link below: https://www.westwords.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/2022-WS-Emerging-Writers-Fellowships_application-form.pdf
- Submit the downloaded form to [email protected].
- While submitting the form, Use Emerging Writers’ Fellowships Application as the subject line.
Requirements for WestWords Emerging Writers Fellowship Program 2022
Applicants must fulfill the requirements below to eligible:
- The applicant must have been born and raised in Greater Western Sydney;
- He/She must have lived in Greater Western Sydney for more than 2 years;
- Is expected to have worked in the region for a substantial length of time and within the past 5 years.
The last date for application is September 26, 2022
To get more details, visit WestWords website at: https://www.westwords.com.au/fellowships/
- African Academy of Sciences (AAS) 2022 Call for APTI Fellowship Program for PhD Students
- University of Surrey Vice-Chancellors Excellence Scholarship 2023 – APPLY NOW!
- Free Wifi With Delta Wifi at www.delta.com
- What Is Net Interest Rate Spread – Are Trading Spreads Profitable
- How to Use a Mac Magic KeyBoard on a Windows PC