The WARA Residency Fellowship Program 2023 grant is currently open for applications until February 27, 2023. Meanwhile, interested applicants should note that only WARA member Institutions can submit an application that is aimed at attracting specific scholars to their campus.
Therefore, applications for the Residency fellowship from individual scholars will not be accepted.
About WARA Residency Fellowship Program
The West African Research Association is offering Residencies for WARA member institutions to host a West African Scholar on their campus, the program which is aimed at enhancing transatlantic exchange and collaboration and is funded by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the US State Department.
The WARA Residency Fellowship Program 2023, will have each residency run for a duration of 4-8 weeks. Participants will have opportunities for library research, guest lecturing, and/or collaborative work with American colleagues.
All the expenses of the selected scholar will be covered by the Fellowship such as the round-trip travel costs, a $3500 stipend to help cover meals, and local transportation costs.
The Host institutions are however expected to provide additional support to Scholars which includes housing, office space, library privileges, laboratory facilities, or other supports during the residency.
Details About WARA Residency Fellowship Program
- Type: Research Program
- Host Organization: West African Research Association (WARA)
- Eligibility: WARA Member Institutions
- Country: Africa
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: February 27, 2023
Benefits of WARA Residency Fellowship
The West African Research Association (WARA) will pay the round-trip travel costs of the selected scholar
Scholars will be provided with a stipend of $3500 to help cover the cost of meals and local transportation.
About West African Research Association (WARA)
WARA is a non-profit membership organization established in 1989, the Organization is committed to promoting research on West Africa and the diaspora. It’s also involved in the dissemination of accurate information on West Africa and its diasporic communities.
WARA also seeks to increase the level of awareness of the critical place of West Africa in the global community. Meanwhile, the Organization’s mission is to promote Research and scholarly exchange between West African and US scholars and institutions through its research fellowships, conferences, and publications.
How to Apply for WARA Residency Fellowship Program 2023?
All Interested and qualified Applicants should access the West African Research Association (WARA) at www.cognitoforms.com to apply
Eligibility Criteria for WARA Residency Fellowship 2023
- The WARA Residency fellowship is Open to West African Researchers.
Documents Required for Application
During the application for the Residency fellowship, the following documents will be required:
- Contact information (name etc) for a representative of WARA host institution
- An abstract of 50 to 80 words maximum of the proposed residency showing the purpose of the Residency
- A Proposal of a maximum of 6 double-spaced pages profiling the visiting scholar, his or her proposed residency activities, how the residency will contribute to the goals of WARA,
- Cv for the visiting scholar
- Letter of interest from the scholar
- Evidence of citizenship (passport)
February 27, 2023.
More Related Content
- Registered Nurse Job with Visa Sponsorship in USA
- GROW Impact Accelerator 2023 for African Agritech Startups | Up to $100K USD (Join…
- Java Developer Jobs In USA with Visa Sponsorship – Apply Now
- Office Assistant Jobs In USA with Visa Sponsorship – Apply Now
- Machel-Mandela Internship Programme 2023 for African Graduates – Apply Now