The Korean Government is sponsoring the prestigious and highly competitive Global Korea Scholarship 2023 opportunity, for students who wish to further their education in Korea. Applications are currently ongoing.
The Global Korea Scholarship was previously referred to as KGSP Korean Government Scholarship Program. This scholarship is a fully-funded Program for master’s and Ph.D. degree programs in which over 1300 international students from 155 countries who are looking to pursue a graduate-level degree (master’s or doctoral) or research in Korea will be selected.
Global Korea Scholarship 2023
Successfully Selected Applicants, will be placed at different universities in South Korea. Through this scholarship program, the Korean Ministry of Education aims to increase international exchanges and competitiveness.
Since the inception of the program in 2016, over 100,000 international students have successfully Participated in the scholarship. The application process for the Global Korea Scholarship 2023 can be done by Candidates in two ways; By Submitting the required documents to the Korean Embassy of their country or submitting directly to the domestic university of Korea.
Summary of the Global Korea Scholarship 2023
- Country: South Korea
- Course Level: Master’s Degree Programs and Ph.D. Programs Research Programs
- Available Universities & Fields of Study: Check the ‘2023 GKS-G Available Universities & Fields of Study’ file attached in the Application Guidelines for general information.
- Benefits: Fully Funded
- Eligible Gender: Male and Female
- Scholarship Duration: Doctoral Degree Program: 4 years, Korean language program: 1 year, Regular Degree Program: 3 years, Master’s Degree Program: 3 years, Research Program: 6 Months or 1 Year
- Application Deadline: The deadline differs with the domestic Universities
Why study in South Korea?
The scholarship programs offered in South Korea are well-prepared with attractive benefits compared to European countries
The living expenses in South Korea are relatively cheap. The accommodation costs are also lower compared to European countries
As an international student studying in South Korea, you will get to build cross-cultural understanding, explore international laboratories, and experience different cities in South Korea.
Benefits of the Global Korea Scholarship 2023
The scholarship will cover the following study expenses:
- Airfare (Return Air Ticket)
- A 200,000 KRW for Settlement Allowance (offered once after entry to Korea)
- A monthly Allowance of 900,000 KRW for the Degree Program) and 1,500,000 KRW monthly for Research Program
- A 210,000 KRW Research allowance per semester for Liberal Arts and Social Science majors
- Natural Science and Engineering majors will have 240,000 KRW covered per semester
- Korean Language Training for one year fully covered
- Tuition fee waiver for Degree Program
- Research Support Fees
- Medical Insurance
How to Apply for the Global Korea Scholarship Program 2023?
- Interested and Qualified applicants can apply for the Korean Government Scholarship Program 2023 in two ways: Through the Korean Embassy of your country or Directly to the domestic university of Korea.
- During the application, candidates are required to submit the original or attested documents to the embassy.
- Direct Applications to the university require a candidate to submit all documents to the domestic university.
- Applicants who are applying via the embassy can apply to 3 universities while those applying directly to the university can apply only to 1 university.
- Official webpage: https://www.studyinkorea.go.kr/ko/scholarship/Gks1NoticeDetail.do
Requirements for the Global Korea Scholarship 2023 in South Korea
- International students can apply.
- Candidates who are Korean citizens are not eligible
- Graduate program Candidates must be under the age of 40 years.
- Master’s Program Applicant should have a bachelor’s degree or a level of education
- Doctoral Program Applicant should hold a master’s degree or a level of education equivalent to or higher than a master’s degree.
- All Research Program applicants are expected to have received an invitation from one of the partner universities.
- Candidates must be in perfect health condition to be considered
- Recommendation letters
- Attested transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
- Published books
- Certificate of Proficiency
- Medical Assessment form