It is vital to first understand the University of Michigan acceptance rate since this will give you an idea of what is expected of you. Because a large number of students are also vying for admission to this university, you must stand out in every aspect of your application.
The University of Michigan has a highly competitive acceptance rate of 20%, making its admissions procedure highly selective. Successful applicants often have a SAT score ranging from 1340 to 1520 or an ACT score ranging from 31 to 34. The standard application date for Michigan is February 1, but students can apply early action, which has a November 1 deadline.
About the University Of Michigan
The University of Michigan is the state university of Michigan, which is located in Ann Arbor. It began as a preparatory school in Detroit in 1817 and transferred to its current location in 1837. It began offering postsecondary education in 1841 and has grown to become one of the world’s leading research universities. Branch campuses were established in 1956 (Flint) and 1959 (Dearborn).The
The University of Michigan is ranked among the best universities in the United States. Its historic history, distinguished teachers, and diverse student body draw a large number of aspiring students. However, acceptance to this prestigious college is difficult.
University Of Michigan Acceptance Rate
The University of Michigan’s acceptance rate has steadily declined over time. In 2010, the acceptance rate was at 42%, indicating that the admissions process was becoming increasingly tough. This tendency reflects the university’s growing popularity and the implementation of strict admissions criteria.
According to the most recent data available, the acceptance rate for undergraduate candidates at the University of Michigan is around 20%. It is crucial to remember that acceptance rates might change between programs and institutions within a university.
University of Michigan Early Action
Early Action gives you a definite decision date. This permits better planning for many pupils. You can apply to the University of Michigan’s Early Action program earlier in the admissions timeline—by Nov. 1 of your senior year in high school—and receive an admission decision sooner. The Early Action decision will be one of three: admit, postpone until early April, or deny.
University Of Michigan SAT, ACT, GPA, and Class Rank
- SAT: The SAT scores of half of the admitted students range from 1370 to 1530. The top 25% of admitted students have a SAT score of 1530 or higher. The SAT score of the worst 25% of admitted students is less than 1370. The University Of Michigan Ann Arbor has an average SAT score of 1384.
- ACT: The ACT scores of half of the students admitted to the University of Michigan Ann Arbor range from 29 to 33. The top 25% of admitted students had an ACT score greater than 33. The ACT score of the worst 25% of admitted students is less than 29.
- GPA: The University of Michigan expects you to be at the top of your class and well above average with a GPA of 3.88-4.0.
- Class Rank: Applicants to the University of Michigan are not obliged to submit a class rank, although over 80% and above of their high school class ranks in the top 10%.
Michigan Requirements And Rating
Below are the University of Michigan’s Requirements and Rating
- Course rigor (very important)
- Academic GPA (very important)
- Application essay (important)
- Character/personal qualities (important)
- Standardized test scores (important)
- Recommendation(s) (important)
- First-generation (important)
- Extracurricular activities (important)
- Alumni relation (important)
- Geographical residence (important)
- Level of applicant’s interest (important)
- Talent/ability (important)
- State residency (important)
- Volunteer work (important)
- Work experience (important)
- Religious affiliation (considered)
- Racial/ethnic status (considered)
- Class rank (considered)
- Interview (considered)
University Of Michigan Application Tips
- Aim for a SAT score of 1520 and an ACT score of 34.
- Maintain a 3.87 GPA while taking the most difficult classes offered.
- Request great letters of recommendation.
- Challenge yourself with rigorous courses.
- Apply early action.
- Write engaging essays
- Interested and Qualified? Click https://admissions.umich.edu/apply/first-year-applicants/requirements-deadlines/early-action-applicants to commence your application process.
- For further inquiry visit https://admissions.umich.edu/search?q=Early%20action%20acceptance%20rate
More Related Content
- University of Michigan Acceptance Rate – UMICH Application Details
- Facebook Marketplace Michigan – Where is the Facebook Marketplace Available
- Michigan EBT Card Guide: How to Renew Your Food Stamps (EBT Card)
- University of Michigan Online Courses – Master of Science in Population and Health Sciences
- How to Get Out Of Credit Acceptance Car Loan