The University of Alberta is rewarding academic excellence through its prestigious President’s International Distinction Scholarship program. Take your time to read through this post, as we have outlined the details of this scholarship program, including its benefits, requirements, and the application guide.
The University of Alberta was founded in 1908 as a public research university, it is located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The university was said to have been founded by visionaries Alexander Cameron Rutherford and Henry Marshall Tory.
Since its inception, the University of Alberta has consistently set high standards in education, and while governed by the Post-secondary Learning Act, the institution prides itself on fostering an inclusive environment that nurtures intellectual growth.
Benefits of the President’s International Scholarship
The University of Alberta President’s International Scholarship program reflects the institution’s commitment to global education.
Exceptional students with a superior admission average and demonstrated leadership qualities stand a chance to receive a financial boost of up to CAD 120,000 over four years.
Admission to the University Of Alberta President’s International Scholarship involves a process that considers three main areas:
- Academic Excellence: Your complete academic history is scrutinized to ensure a strong foundation for success.
- English Proficiency: The university evaluates your proficiency through various channels, such as language tests, approved courses, or previous education in English.
- Completion of Required Subjects: Students must meet the necessary subject requirements.
- The University of Alberta acknowledges different international curricula and offers advanced standing or transfer credits for certain courses.
English Language Requirements:
Meeting the English Language Requirement is key, and the University of Alberta provides multiple avenues:
- Language Proficiency Test: Achieve the minimum required score in an approved test.
- Approved Courses: Complete specified courses with a minimum grade.
- Previous Education: Recognition of English education from accredited institutions.
- Bridging Program: Enroll in the U of A’s Bridging Program for a comprehensive language transition.
Special Requirements for Health Sciences and Education Programs
- Applicants opting for programs in Health Sciences or Education must fulfil the Spoken English Language Proficiency Requirement.
How to Apply
The first step is to apply to an undergraduate degree program. Apply for admission here: https://apply.ualberta.ca/apply/
Complete your application for entrance scholarships by the deadline (January 10, 2024)
You can explore scholarship application tips via this link https://www.ualberta.ca/admissions/international/admission/index.html
January 10, 2024.
- CHECK THESE OUT:
- Fully Funded University of Alberta Scholarships In Canada 2022/2023 – Apply Now
- University of Alberta: Graduate Recruitment Scholarships 2023-2024 – APPLY NOW
- Canada Undergraduate Scholars Entrance Awards with Distinction
- What Are the Distinctions Between PS5 Slim and Regular?
- 10 Best Universities in Canada for Medicine