The United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2023 Applications is now open. The fellowship provides Government officials and other mid-level professionals from developing Countries with advanced training on ocean affairs and the law of the sea as well as related disciplines.
In the course of the program, Fellows will learn about international legal frameworks, key issues, and best practices in ocean affairs, and also familiarize themselves with the work of the United Nations.
Fellows will also get to develop professional skills and conduct individual research, under academic supervision, and develop a written thesis on a topic selected by them.
Also Read: Dead Island 2 has arrived and Has a Release Date
Once the fellowship is completed, Fellows are expected to return to their home countries and use their in-depth knowledge and experience to assist in formulating comprehensive ocean policy set out in the fellowship /Convention on the Law of the Sea and related instruments.
This will be achieved through designing, implementing, and evaluating specific improvement projects.
Summary of United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2023
- Type: Postgraduate
- Organization: United Nations
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: September 14, 2022
Benefits and Aims of United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2023
Selected applicants for the Nippon Foundation Fellowship will enjoy the following benefits:
- In the course of the fellowship, fellows will be given a monthly stipend both during their time in New York and, for Nippon Foundation Fellows taking part in the 9 month program, at the second phase host institution.
- The United Nations – Nippon Foundation Fellows will be provided with a Book Allowance of US$100 per month for phase two of the Fellowship ($600 altogether).
- Additionally, Fellows will be provided with a return economy class air ticket to travel from their home country to complete the Fellowship.
- There is also medical coverage by Cigna Health Insurance. Cigna Health insurance offers 100% medical coverage for general medical and hospital treatments up to a certain limit.
Also Read: Reports Say AMD Ryzen 7000 CPUs Could be Delayed
How to Apply
Ensure that you check the Eligibility Criteria below before applying.
- Visit the United Nations on www.un.org to apply
- You can get more details by visiting the official webpage below: https://www.un.org/oceancapacity/content/unnf-fellowship
Nippon Foundation Fellowship Qualification
- To be considered for the Nippon Foundation fellowship, You must be between the ages of 25 and 40;
- It is expected that you must have successfully completed a first university degree, and demonstrate a capacity to undertake independent advanced academic research and study;
- Only mid-level professionals from a national government organ of a developing State, or another governmental or non-governmental agency that deals directly with ocean affairs issues.
- Your professional position must allow you to directly assist your nation in the formulation and/or implementation of policy in this area (marine sciences and the science-policy linkage)
- Also, Your Nomination and Recommendation Form should be completed by a Government official or other official who can attest to the nature of your work.
- The form must also indicate how an Award would directly contribute to these activities;
- Another requirement is that Your proposed research must contribute directly to your nation’s formulation and/or implementation of ocean affairs and law of the sea policies and programs; and
- Ensure that you have no other fellowship obligations during the entire Fellowship period unless otherwise authorized by the Division.
Also Read: Meredith Legacy Scholarships 2022/2023 – Apply Now!
Interview date and Venue
The fellowship will run for a duration of 9-month and is composed of two consecutive phases which provide Fellows with advanced and customized research and training opportunities in their chosen fields:
Phase 1: Phase 1 is 3-month Research and Training, which is normally undertaken between March/April and June at DOALOS at the United Nations Headquarters in New York.
Phase 2: This is a 6-month Advanced Academic Research and Study, usually undertaken between July and December at one of the prestigious participating Host Institutions. It is usually supervised by an expert(s) who have recognized in-depth expertise in the Fellows’ chosen field of study.
Also Read: Canvas FISD – FISD Canvas Registration at canvas.instructure.com/register