International Students around the world can now apply for the Elizabeth Greenshields Scholarships 2022/2023. Elizabeth Greenshields Scholarships is aimed at supporting international students to study in Canada. This amazing scholarship opportunity is designed for the academic year 2022/2023.
The Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation offers support to Young artists working in painting, drawing, sculpture, or printing who exhibit the drive and talent to pursue a lifetime career in their art practice.
About Elizabeth Greenshields Scholarships 2022/2023
The Elizabeth Greenshields Scholarship program is open to both artists who are about to begin their studies or those currently in the early stages of their careers. This honor is presented by Nationally and internationally recognized art professors, teachers, and mentors.
The value of the initial grant is 17,000 Canadian dollars, while subsequent grants are worth 20,000.
Brief History of Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation
The Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation was founded in 1955 by a renowned Montreal attorney and amateur artist, Charles Glass Greenshields. Charles, Founded the Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation as a private Canadian charity in honor of his mother Elizabeth.
Since its inception, over 2000 students and artists from 80 different countries have received financial aid from the foundation. That means your chances of approval for the scholarship should you apply, is high.
Please note that the scholarship is open throughout the year, there is no deadline for this scholarship.
Summary of Elizabeth Greenshields Scholarships 2022/2023
- Eligible Nationality: International
- Institution: Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation
- Degree level: Undergraduate, Postgraduate, PhD, all degrees
- Benefits: The scholarship Worth ranges from CAD $17,000 to CAD $20,000 Award
Eligibility Criteria for Elizabeth Greenshields Scholarships 2022/2023
Applicants from all nationalities are eligible. The Elizabeth Greenshields Scholarships will be awarded in painting, drawing, sculpture, or printmaking.
To be eligible for this amazing opportunity, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- There is no demand for geographic, citizenship, or residency requirement, the foundation grants are available to eligible applicants from around the world.
- To be eligible to apply, Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and may not be older than 41 years of age at the time of submitting their application for a first grant.
- The foundation allows Candidates who have previously received a grant to apply for further grants after the age of 41, provided that they continue to meet all other eligibility requirements.
- Applicants are expected to either be students or emerging artists at the early stage of their career. The Elizabeth Greenshields Grants are not intended as work or project grants for more experienced or mature artists.
How to Apply for the Elizabeth Greenshields Scholarships 2022/2023
Kindly follow the steps below to apply:
- Complete your applications and then submit them via the Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation online portal.
- You will need to provide the required details and also upload all the material and documentation required for the application.
- Then update your Personal Information with the right details as shown on your screen.
- A Proof of Identity that is, a Government-issued photo ID and proof of citizenship, current address, and date of birth will be required
- Update the institutions ( universities, colleges, and art) schools you attended with the degrees/diplomas obtained and the graduation date (or projected date).
- You will need to present a list of the exhibitions in which your work has been displayed during the previous five years or will be displayed in the next two years.
- Present the Images of six representative works produced in the two years immediately preceding the date of the application.
- Present evidence of Acceptance If you’re applying to further your art education or training, a proof of acceptance or enrollment from the institution where you intend to study or train.
- Applicants must present a Description of the proposed work, project, course of study, or training to be undertaken with a grant from The Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation.
- An Artist Brief Statement in respect to the applicant’s previous and current work.
- The budget for the proposed work, project, course of study, or training is described in the applicant’s Artistic Proposal.
- A teacher’s Letter of Reference- A letter of reference or professor.
- All Applicants must possess a previous degree certificate with excellent marks.
- Conversational French or English language is expected of the applicant.