The United Nations ECA Fellowship Program 2023 is now open for applications. The ECA is the regional arm of the United Nations in Africa with a mandate to promote the economic and social development of Africa.
United Nations ECA Fellowship 2023
The ECA Fellowship invites applications from qualified young African Professionals in the following thematic areas:
- Policies on Macroeconomics, Economic Governance & Public Finance
- Industrialization and Economic Diversification Policies;
- Regional Integration; Infrastructure and Trade
- Development of Private Sector & Finance, including Innovative Finance & Capital Markets;
- Poverty, Inequality and social policy;
- Food systems and food security
- Gender equality and women empowerment;
- Demographic Dynamics for Development;
- Innovation and Technology;
- Climate Change, Natural Resources Management
- Labor Economics and Employment
- Communication, strategic planning, monitoring, and evaluation;
Details About United Nations ECA Fellowship Program
- Type: Postgraduate
- Organization: United Nations
- Eligible Country: Africa
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: January 26, 2023
About United Nations
The United Nations is an intergovernmental organization established to maintain international peace and security, develop friendly relations among nations, achieve international cooperation, and be a center for harmonizing the actions of nations.
The UN IFP was established in 1997, the program takes place at the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights in Geneva, Switzerland, and lasts for 4 weeks.
The training programme is designed to enhance the knowledge of indigenous peoples on existing international human rights instruments and mechanisms, so they can use them to more effectively advocate for the rights of their communities.
Benefits of United Nations ECA Fellowship Program 2023
- Successfully selected Fellows will receive a return air ticket between his/her country of residence and the assigned duty station
- Fellows will receive a one-off settling-in grant of USD 3,000, however, this is restricted to fellows recruited from outside of the duty station.
- Fellows will receive a monthly stipend of USD 3,000 each for the duration of the fellowship. Stipends issued at the final month will be paid upon the submission of the following:
- A peer-reviewed fellowship research paper,
- Fellowship report, and the approved final performance evaluation of the Participants
- Completed Evaluation form of the Fellowship programme
- An immigration Stamp or Exit boarding pass
- The fellowship program will run for six months but may be extended for a maximum of another six months.
How to Apply for United Nations ECA Fellowship 2023 for young African Professionals?
Send your application to the email address found below to stand a chance of being approved for the ECA Fellowship
- Email Address: [email protected]
- The Fellowship for Young African Professionals, 2023 is the Subject Line to be used
- For more details, visit UN website: https://www.uneca.org/sites/default/files/vacancies/eca-fellowship-advert-for-2023.pdf
Eligibility Criteria for United Nations ECA Fellowship Program Qualification
The Required Qualifications include the;
- Education: Candidates must have an advanced university degrees (Master’s Degree or doctorate or their equivalents) in economics, development studies, political economy, international affairs, political and social sciences, public administration, law, natural resources, engineering, and related field.
- Experience: Candidates Must have Academic research or academic work related to the focus thematic areas, with an Experience in research/analytical work in socio-economic and political development, natural resource management/law, governance, peace, and areas in the context of Africa.
- Language: The working language of the United Nations Secretariat are English and French. Therefore, fluency in either language is required and working knowledge of the other is desirable.
- All Applicants applying for this fellowship programme must not exceed 35 years at the time of the application;
- Candidate must be a citizen of a Member State of the Economic Commission for Africa;
- Expected to have graduated before 1 October 2022 from either a master’s degree or doctorate degree programme, or equivalent;
- Candidate must be seen to have interest in one or more of the identified thematic areas;
- The successful candidate will work on a predefined project, designed to contribute to specific aspects of the work programme of the mentoring Division, Sub-Regional Office, or ECA Centres, and contribute to other activities;
- The successful candidates should participate in national, regional, or international meetings as assigned for exposure;
- Ideal Candidates should submit and present at a seminar a peer-reviewed research paper at the end of the assignment; and
January 26, 2023.
More Related Content
- ICCR Scholarship Application Link – How to Apply Now
- Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship Application – How to Apply Now
- AfDB Fashionomics Africa Contest 2023 for African Entrepreneurs (Up to USD $10,000 Prize)
- 500px Global Photography Awards 2023 – Up to $2,000 in Cash Awards
- NerdzFactory Youth Transition Program 2023 for Young Nigerians – APPLY NOW!