The Third edition of the AfDB Fashionomics Africa Contest is now accepting applications from interested African fashion brands. All qualified fashion brands in Africa are encouraged to apply for the sustainable fashion online competition.
The Fashionomics Africa Contest Program is offered in collaboration with the United Nations Environment Programme, Parsons School of Design, strategic consulting and communications agency BPCM, the Ellen MacArthur Foundation, and the Centre for Sustainable Fashion.
The Africa Development Bank (AfDB) runs the online competition challenge prize to celebrate African fashion brands, these action is aimed at changing how we produce, buy, use and recycle fashion and also encourage a more sustainable shift in consumer practices.
AFDB Fashionomics Africa Contest 2023 Summary
- Type of Program: Entrepreneurs
- Host Organization: African Development Bank (AfDB)
- Country: Africa
- Course: Fashion
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: 18th January 2023.
- Contest Timeline:
- Submission of applications: 5 December 2022 – 18 January 2023
- The Announcement of finalists by the professional jury: 13 February 2023
- The public vote begins 13 February – 2 March 2023
- The Announcement of the winner: March 2023
About African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) also known as the Banque Africaine de Développement, is a multilateral development finance institution headquartered in Abidjan, Ivory Coast, since September 2014.
AfDB is also a financial provider to African governments and private companies that are investing in regional member countries. Meanwhile, the AfBD is primarily established to promote economic and social development efforts on the African continent.
Benefits of AFDB Fashionomics Africa Contest 2023
- Winners will receive a financial reward of USD 10,000 for the best sustainable and innovative brand
- A Fashionomics Africa certificate
- Winners will have access to a network of media insiders and industry experts
- Winners may take part in online events and share insights on key sustainability challenges facing the industry
- Winners will have their story’s published on the AfDB website and Fashionomics Africa platform
The Fashionomics Africa Contest finalists (2) will have the opportunity to receive:
- Gain a promotion package to advertise the brand on Fashionomics Africa’s social media for a month
- The Fashionomics Africa certificate;
- A branding kit containing the new logo, color palette, recommended fonts, letterhead, business card, and email signature.
- The contest winner and finalists will also benefit from networking, mentoring and capacity-building opportunities offered by the competition partners
How to Apply for AfDB Fashionomics Africa Contest 2023 for African Entrepreneurs?
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to carefully read the contest rules and, if applicable, submit applications via the African Development Bank Group link below: https://fashionomicsafrica.org/contest/contest-3rd-edition
Requirements for AFDB Fashionomics Africa Contest Qualification
- The AFDB Fashionomics Africa Contest is open to fashion entrepreneurs 18 years of age and above, operating in the textile, apparel, and accessories industry in Africa.
- All Applicants must pursue environmentally friendly, sustainable, and circular economy measures to qualify.
- Preference will be given to youth between 18-35 years old and women-led fashion businesses.
- Applicants must have an African passport and/or live in an African country and have an identification document (Passport, National ID Card, or Voters Card issued in an African country)
- Candidates must have launched a fashion business and operate in the following sectors; textile (fabric making), apparel (clothing), or accessories (jewelry, bags, etc.) sector.
- Businesses that are recently launched are encouraged to apply with evidence of business registration
The application deadline is January 18th, 2023 at 23:59 GMT.
More Related Content
- Harvard University Berkman Klein Center Scholarship 2024 – Apply Now!
- Obama Foundation Colombia World Projects Grant 2023 – Apply Now!
- KidsRights International Children’s Peace Prize 2023 – APPLY NOW!
- James Buchanan Fellowship 2023 for PhD Students Worldwide
- Interswitch Tech Graduate Trainee Program 2023 – Call for Application!