James Buchanan Fellowship 2023 for PhD Students Worldwide at Mercatus Center is something you don’t want to miss. The James Buchanan Fellowship seeks to introduce early-career scholars to the Austrian, Virginia, and Bloomington schools of political economy.
Applications for the 2023/2024 academic year are due on April 15, 2023. The Fellowship is an annual competitive programme usually awarded to scholars in any discipline who have recently graduated from their doctoral programmes.
Furthermore, James Buchanan Fellows will be introduced to contemporary applications of these ideas to questions in social sciences dealing with the dynamics and institutional underpinnings of economic, political, and social coordination.
Fellows will also spend two weekends in residence at George Mason University and three virtual colloquia during the calendar year participating in discussions on mainline political economy. The Program is structured around a set of readings and includes discussion sessions, lectures, formal meals, and hospitality.
Details About Mercatus Center James Buchanan Fellowship
- Type: Postgraduate
- Organization: Mercatus Center
- Eligible Country: International
- Gender: Men and Women
- Status: Open
- Application Deadline: April 15, 2023
About Mercatus Center
The Mercatus Center was founded in 1980 (over 40 years ago), it is an American libertarian, free-market-oriented non-profit think tank.
The centre is located at George Mason University and is directed by the American economist Tyler Cowen.
The Mercatus was previously the Center for the Study of Market Processes, it has recruited, trained, and supported graduate students who have gone on to pursue careers in academia, government, and public policy as well as supported scholars pursuing research on the cutting-edge of academia.
Benefits of Mercatus Center James Buchanan Fellowship 2023
The total James Buchanan Fellowship worth is up to $15,000 including a stipend, all required reading materials, and travel and lodging to attend colloquia hosted by the Mercatus Center.
How to Apply for Mercatus Center James Buchanan Fellowship 2023?
- Candidates who are Interested and qualified can visit the Mercatus Center at mercatuscenter.formstack.com to apply
- For more details, visit the Mercatus Center website: https://asp.mercatus.org/content/james-buchanan-fellowship
Eligibility Criteria for Mercatus Center James Buchanan Fellowship Qualification
The Fellowship at Mercatus Center is open to:
- Scholar’s in their Early-career stage with a PhD from any discipline whose research and/or teaching interests would benefit from a greater understanding of key writings in political economy are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Scholars having any nationality, who holds an academic position like teaching, research, academic leadership, etc. at a university in the US or abroad, during their year of participation.
Documents Required for Application
- A Cover letter explaining: the graduate school career to date, academic career goals, research interests and current projects
- The student’s familiarity with the thinkers associated with the Austrian, Virginia, and Bloomington schools of political economy, and
- Current resume/CV
- Recent academic publications, if any
April 15, 2023
CHECK THIS OUT: