Internships provide invaluable opportunities for students and young professionals to gain practical experience, expand their knowledge, and make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about humanitarian work and interested in contributing to the global refugee crisis, the UNHCR Internships 2023 offers are fully funded.
Interning with UNHCR opens doors to an enriching experience where you can actively contribute to their mission of protecting and assisting refugees and other forcibly displaced people worldwide. Through their internship program, UNHCR aims to cultivate young talent and provide them with a platform to develop their skills while making a positive impact.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) dedicates itself as a UN agency to safeguarding the rights and well-being of refugees and displaced individuals. Established in 1950, UNHCR operates in numerous countries, providing assistance, protection, and durable solutions to those affected by conflicts and persecution. Their work spans from emergency response to long-term refugee support.
Importance of Internships
Internships play a pivotal role in shaping careers and fostering personal growth. They allow individuals to bridge the gap between theoretical knowledge and practical application. When it comes to humanitarian work, internships provide a unique opportunity to witness the challenges faced by refugees firsthand, develop empathy, and build the necessary skills to address complex issues.
Benefits of UNHCR Internships
The UNHCR Internships offers the following benefits to successfully selected Candidates:
- Cost coverage for food, local transportation, and Provision of living expenses
- The Intern’s return travel costs to/from the duty station will be covered
- Provision of Supports intern’s visa application procedures, with the exception of cost\
Types of UNHCR Internships
UNHCR offers a variety of internship opportunities to cater to different interests and skill sets. Some common types of internships include:
- Policy and Legal Internships: These internships focus on research, analysis, and policy development related to refugee protection, international law, and human rights.
- Field Operations Internships: Field operations internships involve working directly with refugees and displaced populations in different countries. This includes assisting with coordination, advocacy, and community engagement.
- Communications and Public Information Internships: These internships involve supporting UNHCR’s communications efforts, including media relations, content creation, social media management, and public awareness campaigns.
- Partnerships and Donor Relations Internships: These internships focus on building and maintaining partnerships with governments, organizations, and donors to support UNHCR’s programs and initiatives.
How to Apply for UNHCR Internships 2023?
The application process is simple and straightforward;
- Qualified candidates for the UNHCR Internships should visit the application page at: unhcr.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/External to apply
- From the recruitment platform, Applicants will need to create an account
- Once that is done, proceed to apply for your preferred role they
- After the application deadline, the UNHCR selection committee reviews all submitted applications.
- They assess candidates based on their qualifications, experiences, skills, and motivation. Shortlisted applicants may be contacted for further assessments or interviews.
- If you are selected for an internship position, you will receive a formal offer from UNHCR. Take note of the deadline for accepting or declining the offer.
- UNHCR receives a large number of applications, and competition can be tough. Use the experience as an opportunity for growth and consider applying again in the future.
The duration of UNHCR internships can vary depending on the specific position and project. Generally, UNHCR internships last from 2-6 months.
Longer internships provide interns with a deeper understanding of the organization’s work and allow them to contribute more significantly to ongoing projects.
UNHCR operates in numerous countries around the world, and internship placements are available in various locations. These locations include field offices, regional hubs, and headquarters.
Interns may have the opportunity to work in diverse settings, both in countries directly affected by refugee crises and in locations where UNHCR operates to support global programs.
Skills and Qualifications
While the specific skills and qualifications required for UNHCR internships may vary depending on the position, some common attributes that UNHCR looks for in applicants include:
- Passion for Humanitarian Work: Demonstrated commitment to refugee protection, human rights, and humanitarian causes.
- Strong Communication Skills: Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written forms.
- Analytical Thinking: Critical thinking skills and the ability to analyze complex issues and develop innovative solutions.
- Interpersonal Skills
CHECK THESE OUT:
- UNICORE Project – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) For African Students
- Project UNICORE 2023 For African Students | University Corridors For Refugees (UNHCR)
- DAAD Leadership for Africa (LFA) Programme 2023 – Apply Now
- Practical Tips to Help Us Stay Fit for Christmas
- Apple Internship 2022/2023 – Fully Funded Internship For Students