In the bustling heart of Lagos, Nigeria, an exciting opportunity is on the horizon for young minds like you who are eager to shape the future of education in Nigeria and Africa at large. The Innovation to Transform Education Training, or ITET 2023, is set to take place from November 20th to 24th, 2023.
ITET 2023, is a transformative program is organized in collaboration between Future Perspectives and the UNESCO International Institute for Higher Education in Latin America and the Caribbean (IESALC), with the aim of equipping young Nigerians with the knowledge and skills needed to revolutionize education in their nation and across Africa.
If you wish to take part in this transformative program, kindly take your time to read through this article, as we have outlined all the details you need including what to expect, the benefits, eligibility criteria, and the application process.
What is ITET?
ITET, a key component of the United Nations Global Youth Initiative (GYI), is making its debut in Nigeria. It carries the weight of being the first country to launch this initiative, marking a significant responsibility and opportunity for Nigerian youth.
ITET seeks to harness the inspiration and passion of young Nigerians to drive positive change in the education landscape.
About Future Perspectives
Future Perspectives is a non-profit organization with up to 11-50 dedicated employees, The organization stands at the helm of this transformation. Future Perspectives was founded as an initiative of the former Vice President of Nigeria, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, and is headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria.
The non-profit organization has Its mission clear, which is to catalyze transformational change across the African continent through youth leadership and innovation. Want to know more about Future Perspectives? Visit their official website at https://futureperspectives.org/
The ITET 2023 Experience – What to Expect
- ITET 2023 plans to select 50 outstanding individuals from diverse educational and social backgrounds. It means that regardless of your field is study, you stand a chance of being selected. However, you’re expected to exhibit a fervent passion for educational technology (EdTech) and a dedication to shaping a brighter future for your communities.
- The program invites all aspiring education innovators to apply and embark on a journey filled with learning, collaboration, and meaningful impact. Together, they aim to create an equitable and thriving educational environment that uplifts every learner and transforms lives.
Benefits of ITET 2023
Below are some of the benefits you can look forward to in participating in this program
- You will attend a rich blend of lectures, workshops, and hands-on activities across various skill sets, for a period of five days, all with a laser focus on transforming education.
- The program also covers the training costs for all selected applicants
- Additionally, as a participant, you will have the opportunity to pitch your initiatives or ongoing projects to an ITET Prize Committee at both the beginning and end of the training.
- The top five innovators during the program will be awarded a financial prize.
- That’s not all, all participants will receive a certification of completion of the training and will join the prestigious ranks of the Future Perspectives Network and the Better Innovation Better Outcome (BIBO) Network.
Who Can Apply for ITET 2023
To be eligible for ITET 2023, candidates must:
- Be a Nigerian Citizen.
- Be classified as in one of the following categories:
- Pre-service or in-service education stakeholders currently studying at higher education institutions with education-focused programs.
- Interdisciplinary university students or practitioners with a crossover interest or projects related to education.
- Be classified as an education practitioner at national, provincial, and local levels.
- Youth leaders from major youth organizations in Nigeria based at higher education institutions.
- 18 – 35 years of age
- Submit an idea or initial project related to EdTech innovation in education.
How to Apply for the Innovation to Transform Education Training – ITET 2023?
- Take the bold step to apply If you’re excited about the prospect of joining ITET 2023.
- The application process is brief, just ensure that you meet the qualifications before proceeding to apply
- You can apply through the Future Perspective website at https://futureperspectives.org/itet-application
Selection of Participant for ITET 2023
The ITET 2023 program will select up to 50 applicants for the capacity-building training.
These individuals will be carefully chosen, with recommendations from key education institutions and other influential stakeholders within the Nigerian education landscape.
The application deadline for ITET 2023 is September 15, 2023.
More Related Content
- US Only Must Have Apps: Most Used Apps and Apps Only Available in the US(Opens in a new browser tab)
- 20 New Month Wishes for your father in December
- Future of Urbans Magazine
- How Does Google See Your Site – Google Crawler Tool | Google Search Console
- Mastercard Transforming Nigeria Youth Program 2023 – APPLY NOW