We are pleased to inform prospective Candidates that the call for nominations and applications for the 2023/2024 UNESCO-Hamdan Prize 2024 for Teacher Development is currently open.
One of UNESCO’s top priorities; the Sustainable Development Goal 4 on education, calls for improved teaching and learning standards. To that end, the UNESCO-Hamdan Prize for Teacher Development was established in 2008.
UNESCO Hamdan Prize 2024 – Overview
The UNESCO Hamdan Prize for Distinguished Academic Performance is awarded every two (2) years and is generously financed by the Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum Foundation (Hamdan Foundation). The Deputy Ruler of Dubai and Minister of Finance of the United Arab Emirates, his Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al-Maktoum, founded the Hamdan Foundation in 1998.
The Foundation honors all groups and pertinent authorities in the education sector and institutions, as well as the individuals who provide outstanding achievements and creations. Its goals are educational excellence, the sponsorship of giftedness and innovation, and improved educational performance at all levels and sectors.
Benefits of UNESCO Hamdan Prize 2024
The UNESCO Hamdan Prize for 2023–2024 provides a maximum prize of $300,000. The three winners receive an equal portion of the grant, and their initiatives are intended to raise teacher effectiveness and performance on a global scale.
Eligibility Criteria for UNESCO Hamdan Prize 2024
- Up to five nominations may be submitted by the governments of UNESCO Member States through their National Commissions to UNESCO and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in formal partnerships with UNESCO.
- Candidates should note that self-nomination is accepted.
- National Commissions: The President or Secretary General of the National Commission drafts the nomination letter.
- NGOs that have formal cooperation with UNESCO: the president or director general at headquarters drafts the nomination letter.
- If the non-governmental organization has branches, the head of the branch may write the nomination letter; nevertheless, the nomination letter from the branch should be accompanied by a letter from headquarters verifying that the executive leadership has accepted the candidate’s candidacy.
Selection criteria for the UNESCO Hamdan Prize
Candidates’ projects must have significantly improved teaching and learning in accordance with UNESCO’s goals and guiding principles in the following areas:
- By exhibiting creativity meant to advance the caliber and efficacy of teaching;
- by creating instructional/teaching materials or other unique tools intended to support the advancement of creative teaching and learning;
- By organizing programs and/or resources that are likely to improve teaching’s quality and efficacy;
- By bolstering collaboration and research that informs and improves teacher effectiveness and quality.
Applying for UNESCO Hamdan Prize 2024
Are you qualified and interested? To apply, carefully follow the instructions below:
- To register, candidates must go to https://forms.office.com/e/jjQcjwYb30. to register an account request. While registering, candidates must comply with the specified eligibility requirements.
- Eligible candidates receive an invitation link via email once they complete their registration. This will enable them to access and complete the online application form;
- Candidates will need to upload the nomination letter to the online platform;
- Then receive an email notification once they submit their application. An automatic notification will also be sent to the respective nominating body confirming the submission of the application
- Once that is done, the application is received by the Prize Secretariat and the process is complete.
- For more details, visit the UNESCO website at https://www.unesco.org/en/prizes/teacher-development
- Date for Online Submission of Applications: 31 January 2024
- Schedule for a meeting with the International Jury: May-June 2024
January 31, 2024.
CHECK THESE OUT:
- UNESCO World Heritage Residence Scholarship 2023 for Young Creatives Worldwide (Call for Application)
- UNESCO Essay Contest 2022 For Young Leaders – Goi Peace Foundation
- Hamdan International Photography Award 2023 – APPLY NOW
- UNESCO World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2023 – APPLY NOW!
- UNESCO Internship Vacancies 2023 – APPLY NOW