The 2023 edition of the UN Economic Commission for Africa – UNECA Internships, which is scheduled to hold at the ECA in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, is now open for eligible African Students.
The Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) internship program is structured to last for three months with a chance for an extension. The extension of the internship, however, depends on the director of the program.
The UNECA Internships is a fully funded Program by the United Nations in which successfully selected Candidates (interns), will work for five working days each week while being supervised by the Director.
The internship is at the Innovative Finance and Capital Markets Section (IFCM) of the Private Sector Development and Finance Division at the Economic Commission for Africa in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Upon completing the internship, a certificate is awarded on the recommendation of the supervisor.
Summary of the UNECA Internships 2023
- Type: Graduate Internship
- Host Organization: UN Economic Commission for Africa
- Country: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Duration: Six months
- Position Title: Intern – Economic Affairs, I (Temporary Job Opening)
- Department/Office: Economic Commission for Africa
- Duty Station: Addis Ababa
- Application Deadline: August 3, 2023
Eligibility Criteria for UNECA Internships 2023 Qualification
To be considered for an internship by the United Nations Headquarters Internship Programme, applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a graduate school programme
- He/She must be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
- Already a Graduate with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation;
- Computer literacy in standard software applications is a major criterion
- Candidates must show a keen interest in the work of the United Nations and must have personal commitments to the ideals of the Charter
- Applicants must be able to interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs
- Must be willing to understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Responsibilities of Interns
The general task includes the following;
- Research: interns are expected to help officers of the Section in carrying out analytical research on various issues. These issues are often related to the development and deepening of capital markets across the region.
- Information and data: Interns are expected to compile, process and analyze information and data on capital markets, domestic private investment and innovative financing structures in Africa,
- Programme and project: They will support officers of the Section to conduct programmes and projects related to bond markets, economic development and innovative finance.
- Other tasks: Other tasks as required by the Section and the Division.
How to Apply for the UNECA Internships 2023
To apply for the UNECA Internship Program;
- You will need a completed online application with Cover Note and Personal History Profile. Please note any incomplete applications will automatically be disapproved.
- After Applications, only Successful Candidates will be contacted due to the large number of applications received
- Kindly visit the UNECA website found below for more details about the internship and how to apply: https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=200911&Lang=en-US
August 3, 2023
CHECK THIS OUT:
- United Nations ECA Fellowship 2023 for young African Professionals – Apply Now!
- UN Volunteers 2022 Application – United Nations Global Opportunity
- Elon Musk Criticized After Space Complaint by China to UN
- United Nations Young Professionals Programme (YPP) 2023 – Apply Now!
- Apple Internship 2022/2023 – Fully Funded Internship For Students