Applications are now open for the UNAIDS Internship 2024. This call for application is being extended to Interested applicants worldwide, more especially to candidates from UN member countries. So, if you’re a student or recent graduate from the eligible region, this Internship is your opportunity to make a meaningful impact on global health.
This article contains a comprehensive guide to the UNAIDS Internship, including the essential details such as the eligibility criteria, benefits, and how to apply. Read on to explore how you can contribute to the mission of achieving zero new HIV infections, zero discrimination, and zero AIDS-related deaths.
What is UNAIDS?
UNAIDS is the acronym for the United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS. It is a vital arm of the United Nations dedicated to leading and inspiring the world towards a shared vision. Their goal is clear: to eliminate new HIV infections, discrimination, and AIDS-related deaths.
UNAIDS brings together the collective efforts of 11 UN organizations, including UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP, UNDP, UNFPA, UNODC, UN Women, ILO, UNESCO, WHO, and the World Bank.
Eligibility Requirements for UNAIDS Internship 2023
Who’s eligible to apply for the UNAIDS Internship 2023?
To be considered for the UNAIDS Internship 2023, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Citizenship: You must be a holder of a valid passport/ID from a WHO/UNAIDS Member State.
- Age: Applicants should be at least 20 years of age at the time of application.
- Educational Background: You must be enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate, or postgraduate degree program at a recognized educational institution. Alternatively, you should have completed a course of study and received your undergraduate, graduate, or postgraduate degree from a recognized educational institution within the past year.
- Language Skills: Proficiency in at least one of the WHO/UNAIDS’s official languages (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, or Spanish) is required.
- Previous Participation: Applicants must not have previously participated in UNAIDS’ internship program.
In addition to meeting the above criteria, candidates are expected to possess the following abilities to fulfill the contractual terms and conditions:
- Teamwork: The ability to work effectively in teams, adapt, and integrate seamlessly with colleagues to support team objectives.
- Communication: Demonstrated skills in conveying ideas and thoughts clearly and convincingly in one-on-one discussions or group presentations. Additionally, the ability to produce clear written correspondence and reports.
- Knowledge Application: Effectively apply your knowledge and skills to your job role and consistently seek opportunities for learning and improvement.
- Initiative and Innovation: Show initiative and enthusiasm in your work, organize and manage your time effectively, and deliver high-quality results in line with agreed objectives. Be innovative and find new ways of working to improve results while maintaining a strong service orientation.
- Responsibility: Take ownership of your assigned responsibilities, maintain productivity, fulfill commitments, and use resources responsibly.
Benefits of UNAIDS Internship 2024
To recognize the value of your contribution, the UNAIDS offers the following benefits to its interns:
- A stipend to contribute to your living expenses.
- General medical illness, accident, and emergency illness coverage insurance.
How to Apply
Apply for the UNAIDS Internship 2024 using the guide below:
- Visit UNAIDS’s e-recruitment website at https://erecruit.unaids.org to review available positions.
- On the e-recruitment website, you will find detailed instructions for the online application process.
- Applicants living with HIV are particularly encouraged to apply, as are women and nationals of non- and under-represented member states.
December 15, 2023.
Can I apply if I’m not a citizen of a WHO/UNAIDS Member State?
No! Only citizens of WHO/UNAIDS Member States are eligible for this internship.
What languages are considered official for this internship?
Proficiency in at least one of the WHO/UNAIDS’s official languages (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, or Spanish) is required.
How long does the internship last?
The internship opportunity ranges from 2 to 6 months.
More Related Content
- Labor Day Specials Offers That You Won’t Want To Pass Up
- Yahoo Science News – Get Global Breaking And Headline Science News
- Celebrity Fights, Politics, Awards, and Others
- Paper Anniversary Gift Ideas: List of Paper Anniversary Gift Ideas For Couples
- Summer Internships 2023 – When to Apply for Summer Internship