Application is currently open for The National Essay Competition 2023 edition. The United Bank Of Africa is calling on all eligible secondary school students in Nigeria for their active participation in the competition.
The National Essay Competition(NEC) is an annual event organized for senior secondary students in Nigeria. It is facilitated by the UBA Foundation’s education initiative, which has the objective of promoting a reading culture and fostering healthy intellectual competition among secondary school students not only in Nigeria but also across Africa.
The competition encourages students to develop their writing skills and engage in critical thinking by providing them with a platform to express their ideas and opinions on various topics. It serves as a means to inspire and motivate young individuals to excel academically and contribute positively to society.
A Brief History Of United Bank Of Africa(UBA)
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is a multinational pan-African financial services corporation headquartered on Lagos Island, Lagos, and recognized as “Africa’s Global Bank.” It operates in 20 African countries and has offices in, Paris, New York, and London
UBA acquired its banking license in December 2021, allowing it to begin operations in the UAE. It is classified as a commercial bank by the Central Bank of Nigeria. The group’s stock is listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange, where it trades under the symbol UBA.
The bank’s Group Chairman is Tony Elumelu, while the GMD/CEO is Oliver Alawuba. UBA has received numerous accolades for its excellence in banking and its contributions to the growth and development of Africa’s financial sector. These awards recognize UBA’s strong performance, customer service, innovation, and corporate social responsibility efforts.
UBA National Essay Competition for Secondary School Students in Nigeria 2023 – Summary
- Program: UBA National Essay Competition
- Organization: United Bank of Africa
- Eligible Country: Nigeria
- Gender: Male and Female
- Award: 5million Naira (winner), 3 million Naira (1st runner), 2.5milion Naira (2nd runner)
- Application Deadline: October 20, 2023
- Essay Topic: Will Artificial Intelligence (AI) take over Human Intelligence? What should students do to ensure AI doesn’t override but enhances their ability to learn through research?
- The Winner goes home with an N5 million educational grant to any African University of their Choice
- The first runner is awarded a sum of N3 million educational grant to any African University of their choice
- The second runner is gifted 5 million educational grant to any African University of their choice
- A passport photograph is required.
- A scanned copy of a form of identity (birth certificate, National ID, or passport) is required.
- You must be a senior secondary school student in Nigeria.
Submissions for the competition will be assessed by a renowned team of judges comprised of professors from reputable Nigerian universities, who will then select 12 essays for further evaluation.
In line with this, the 12 finalists will compete in a second phase of competition in which they will produce a second supervised essay from which the three best essays will be chosen as the three best overall winners of the competition.
- Applicants must submit a scanned copy of their original birth certificates or the data page of their foreign passport.
- On the portal, applicants must attach a handwritten essay (no more than 750 words).
- In order to begin your application procedure, click on the link below
- For further information visit https://www.ubagroup.com/uba-foundation/national-essay-competition/