Each year, the Tongarewa Scholarship Program at Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, is offered to suitably qualified international students across the globe. This scholarship covers the recipient’s tuition for one year of the study program. However, applicants must be in their first year of an undergraduate degree program or enrolled in a postgraduate degree program at Victoria University of Wellington.
The selection of recipients for this prestigious award is based on academic excellence, hence you must be academically sound for your application to be approved. These scholarships cover only a portion of the tuition and will be applied to tuition expenses following the final withdrawal date for the trimester courses for which the recipient(s) was awarded (approximately two weeks into the trimester).
Tongarewa Scholarship 2023-24 Summary
- Host Institution: Victoria University of Wellington
- Scholarship Name: Tongarewa Scholarship
- Host Country: New Zealand
- School to study: Victoria University of Wellington
- Eligible Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: September 1st, 2023
- Tenure: one year
About Victoria University of Wellington
The Victoria University of Wellington is a prestigious New Zealand university located in Wellington. It was established in 1897 by an Act of Parliament and was a constituent college of the University of New Zealand. The institution is well-known for its programs in humanities, law, and several scientific subjects, but it also provides a diverse range of other courses.
Entry to all first-year courses is open, while entry to second-year courses in some programs like criminology, law, architecture, creative writing, engineering etc., are limited. Victoria earned the highest average research grade in both 2012 and 2018, according to the New Zealand Government’s Performance-Based Research Fund program, after ranking fourth in 2006 and third in 2003.
The QS World University Rankings (2020) places Victoria 215th among the world’s top 500 universities.
The Benefit of securing the Tongarewa Scholarship
- Scholarships are awarded competitively on the basis of academic excellence; Students apply to study the following year and are credited to tuition expenses.
- Scholarship awards of $5,000 or $10,000 are given to applicants.
- Scholarship recipients are guaranteed a place in one of the Residence Halls if an accommodation application is received by University Accommodation Wellington on or before the application deadline.
Eligibility criteria for Tongarewa Scholarship
To be eligible for this award, you must the requirements below:
- Get your full transcripts and other qualification-related material ready
- You must be an international student paying full international tuition.
- The scholarship is intended for students beginning their first year of an undergraduate degree or beginning a postgraduate degree.
- Ensure that your secondary education is not completed at a school in New Zealand.
- Make certain that you do not finish your English for Academic Purposes (EAP) or Foundation Studies Programme.
- This scholarship is not for you if you are in your second year of study in the same degree program at Victoria University of Wellington.
- Applicant must note that the panel of Wellington University International staff is responsible for the final decision on whether to be accepted or not.
- On the closing date, a completed online application and required documentation ( must be submitted by 4:30 p.m. Applications that are late or incomplete will not be accepted.
- You must submit a personal statement of up to 500 words detailing why you want to study at Victoria University of Wellington, as well as your academic aspirations and why you deserve the scholarship.
- Include any leadership positions you have held as well as details about your involvement in your school or community.
- You must supply documentation demonstrating a conditional or unconditional offer of admission from Victoria University of Wellington.
How to Apply For Tongarewa Scholarship 2023-24?
Applications normally open a month before the closing date of September 1, 2023.
- To apply for the Tongarewa Scholarship, simply click on the Application link given below
- Once you access the application page, click the Apply button to commence your application
- The application process for the Tongarewa Scholarship takes only a few minutes to complete
- Official webpage: http://www.wgtn.ac.nz/scholarships/current/tongarewa-scholarship
September 1, 2023.
More Related Content
- Tongarewa Scholarship Program 2022/2023 At Victoria University of Wellington – Study In New Zealand
- Tongarewa Scholarship 2023/2024 At Victoria University Wellington – Study In New Zealand
- Victoria University of Wellington Doctoral Scholarship 2023/2024 in New Zealand Fully Funded
- Bombshell Victoria Secret: Best of Bombshell Victoria’s Secret
- Myer – Myer Delivery Order Updates, Store Locations, and Store Transfers Free