The University of Novi Sad in Serbia has announced the application call for her 9th edition of the Student World Biennial Photography Contest 2023. The contest was first held in the year 2004, with the First Biennial of Student Poster organized the same year. Since then, the Biennial of Posters has been held during odd years, while the Biennial of Photography, is held in even years.
Now, since the commencement of the first World Biennial of Student Photography, the contest has emerged as a crucial platform for the exchange of ideas and cross-cultural encounters. Today, the contest takes the position of the very first action steps towards promoting the advancement of both national and international students in the field of photography, in the region.
Student World Biennial Photography Contest 2023
The 2023 edition of the Student World Biennial Photography Contest is open to all undergraduate and graduate students at various institutions (academies or colleges), where photography is taught as part of the curriculum.
The contest gathers students’ work in a particular place through a public competition, showing a part of teaching approaches from various art institutions throughout the world in the form of a group presentation.
Benefits of Participating in the Student World Biennial Photography Contest
The contest offers several advantages including mouth-watering financial benefits. These benefits include:
- A €1,000 cash prize for first place position
- The candidate that comes in second place will receive €600 in cash.
- The third-placed participant will get €300.
- In addition, a special prize will be granted by the non-governmental organization “Vojvodina OK” for the best student initiative in the national category.
- Participating in the Student World Biennial Photography Contest does not require an entry fee.
Eligibility Criteria for Student World Biennial Photography Contest 2023
Interested Applicants are expected to meet the requirements below to be eligible to participate:
- The competition is open to all undergraduate and graduate students at academies and colleges where photography is taught as part of the curriculum.
- At the time of application, all participants must be full-time or part-time students registered in an academic institution (university or college).
- Each student may submit up to ten (10) images as part of an academic assignment.
- The images should be accompanied by a brief description of the work in English (no more than 200 words) – an artist statement.
- The competition has no set theme; they welcome any subjects and themes achieved within the academic program.
- Send both the selected images and a link to the website page where the entire body of work is exhibited if the work submitted is in a format other than standard photography (such as photographic installation, photo book, etc.).
- The image’s shorter side should not be larger than 35cm, 300 dpi sRGB, JPG, or PDF. Each image’s file size should not exceed 10 MB.
- The name and surname of the student must appear in the name of the photography files. For example, if Kyle Austin is the student’s name, the file name should be Kyle Austin 1.jpg.
- There are no restrictions on the techniques or execution of the images.
- All images must be the student’s original work generated as part of their educational institution’s photographic practice, as validated in the entry form.
How to Apply for the University of Novi Sad World Biennial of Student Photography Contest 2023?
Candidates who meet the above eligibility criteria can proceed to apply by following these steps:
- Read the entry guidelines carefully before submitting work.
- Go to the online registration page at https://studentbiennialns.com/photography/participant-registration/
- Navigate below the page to complete the entry form
- Ensure that you provide accurate information
- The entry form typically requires your personal details
- After completing the form, tap on the “Submit” icon
- For more details, visit the official page at https://www.studentbiennial-ns.com/2023/bijenale_fotografije/index2023.php
Note: Incomplete applications for the contest, will not be considered
October 27, 2023.