This write-up will give you all the information and details you need to have about T-mobile Money. Read up till the very end to get the full information. T mobile money offers high-interest, mobile-first checking accounts without account fees to their customers.
T-mobile money does not have any form of monthly fees, minimum balance fees, overdraft fees, transfer fees, or late payment fees. Isn’t that fantastic?
T Mobile Money Review
As stated, we are going to address the totality of T-Mobile money. Let’s start with the benefits of getting signed up for the platform.
T-Mobile Money Benefits
T-Mobile money pays every single person a 2.25% annual percentage yield on all checking and savings account balances. The various benefits of T-mobile Money are;
- As stated above, it offers all customers an average percentage yield of 2.25%.
- It has no minimum balance fees
- It has no monthly account fees.
- The account of T-mobile money does not charge any overdraft fees.
- With this account, you can get paid up to 2 days early with payroll direct deposit.
- With T-mobile money, you can have access to 55,000 no-fee ATMs. This is more than that of bank of America, chase, or Wells Fargo.
- T-mobile money is FDIC insured, it has secured banking and 24/7 support. You can access this from the comfort of your phone.
- T-Mobile has a card feature, the T Mobile Money Card which you can use at any of their ATMs.
Benefits of T-mobile Money for Customers Only
T-Mobile and legacy Sprint customers with qualifying wireless plans in the United States and Puerto Rico, excluding other U.S. territories, who register for perks and make 10 qualifying purchases per month using their T-Mobile MONEY card, receive the following additional benefits;
- 4% APY on balances up to $300 when you make at least 10 qualifying purchases every month with 2.25% APY for anything more than that balance.
- Immediately you make 10 qualifying purchases in a single calendar month, you will be provided payment of up to $50 in overdrafts. This is applicable as long as you bring your checking account to a positive balance within 30 calendar days.
- Every single line on your wireless account can sign up for a T-Mobile MONEY account and be eligible for perks. Also, the holder of the line must be an individual, not a government or business entity.
- All the instant payments made to friends from your checking account will count towards 20 qualifying Transactions.
Who is Eligible for a T-Mobile Money Account
T-Mobile money can be used by anyone both new customers, existing customers, and even non-T-Mobile wireless customers. All these people are welcome to sign up for a T-mobile Money Account.
Here are the requirements to sign up for such accounts;
- You must be a legal resident of any place in which you reside.
- You must have a U.S. government issues ID or state-issued driver’s license/ID.
- All applicants for this must have a valid social security number.
- You must have a real street address within the United States of America and Puerto Rico. This excludes any other U.S. territories.
- You must have or set up a T-Mobile ID.
After signing up, T-Mobile selects qualified candidates.
How to Sign Up for a T Mobile Money Account
Here are the major steps you have to take to sign up for a T-Mobile Money account through the website.
- First, visit the official website of T-mobile money, t-mobilemoney.com
- When you get to the home page of the website, click “get started”
- After that, you will be given two options on the next screen, click on either “use my existing T-Mobile ID” or “create a T-Mobile ID”
- If you clicked on the second option, you will be led to a signup page. Fill out the form given with the required information such as your first name, last name, email, and password.
- After doing all that, click, and create a new “T-mobile ID”
With all these steps, you would have fully signed up for a T-Mobile ID.
You can also create an account from the T-Mobile App. Download this app from the Google Play Store or the Apple Store.
T Mobile Money App
This is one wonderful innovation by T-Mobile to ensure easy navigation and usage of their platform by users. The T-mobile Money app has all the features of the website and with it, you can perform any function that can be performed with the website.
This app is available for download on the google play store and the Apple store.
T Mobile Money Login
After creating a T-Mobile Account with the steps given above, you can successfully login to your account any time of the day with the steps given below;
- First, go to the official home page of T-Mobile, at t-mobilemoney.com
- When you get to the home page, click “login”
- After doing that, you will be led to a new page, insert the details requested and click “login”
These are the major steps required to log in to your T-Mobile Account.
Sending Instant Payments to Friends with T-Mobile Money
With the T-Mobile money app, you can send instant payments to a friend using the T-Mobile Money app. Here are the rules of this feature;
- There are no payment fees when using this feature.
- You can also send up to $500 per day and up to $5000 per month.
- Your payments expire 30 days after the creation of the transfer if the recipient has not accepted the transfer.
How to Send Payment to a Friend Using the T-Mobile Money App
To do this, follow the steps below;
- Open your T-Mobile Money App.
- Go to “Move Money” on your app.
- After that, select “pay friends” and then “send money”
- Now, you can select a friend to receive the payment. The recipient must also accept your friend request to be accepted for this payment.
- Now, review and confirm the recipient and the payment amount before completing the transfer. Once the payment has been sent, you cannot cancel or reverse it.
How to Send a Friend Request
There is no limit to the number of friend requests you can receive. However, you can have only 15 pending requests at a time. Here’s how to send a friend’s request.
- Open your T-Mobile Money app.
- Now, select “pay friends”
- After that, click “invite friends”.
- After you have done that, enter the name of your friend, and the phone number and then select “looks good, create a friend request”
- Immediately after your friend accepts the request, you will receive a notification and they will be much available for you to send money to.
T-Mobile MONEY Savings Accounts
This is a new saving benefit for existing customers. To use this feature, you must have a T-Mobile Money Checking account to apply for this account. Here are the features of this account;
- All the qualified customers will earn a 2.25% annual percentage Yield on all savings account balances.
- Paychecks direct deposits can be divided between checking and savings accounts and still get paid up to 2 days early.
- There are no account fees or minimum amount to open a savings account
- To open this account, you must have a savings account that has been funded.
T Mobile Money Customer Service
If you need any form of additional assistance with your T-Mobile Money account, you can contact T-Mobile customer care on-call. You can get their mobile number from their official website www.t-mobilemoney.com
T-Mobile Money Card – True Name™ by Mastercard
Apart from all the features listed above, T-Mobile Money also offers a Card. The features of this card are listed below;
- T-Mobile money supports you with a debit card and preserves your identity.
- The True name card allows you to display your preferred name on a debit card that you can trust.
- As a new customer, you will be given the option to provide your True Name during the Mobile-Money account sign-up process.
- All existing customers will be given the option to provide their true names on the “my card” screen in the T-Mobile money app.
- New and updated cards with the True Name can be gotten within 5-7 business days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is T-Mobile Money a Real Bank Account?
Of course, it is, you will find them under the “customers bank”. T-Mobile money is powered by BMTX accounts provided by the Customers’ bank.
Does T-Mobile MONEY charge ATM fees?
T-Mobile money does not charge any form of fee, but international ATM owners may charge their fee along the network such as MasterCard. These may add additional charges for currency conversions.