All international students with outstanding academic records are eligible for the merit-based Singapore International Graduate Award 2023 (SINGA). Want to get full details about this award, read this article to the very end.
Singapore International Graduate Award 2023
The SINGA program draws brilliant minds from around the world to Singapore’s top universities to pursue their doctoral studies.
In this international, fully-funded scholarship opportunity in one of the most developed nations, all graduates may pursue their Ph.D. in the fields of science and technology.
This international graduate award is a full-time research grant that will enable the fellows to thrive in their chosen fields of research by providing them with the best mentors and peers.
More About the Singapore International Graduate Award 2023
This fully-funded doctoral scholarship in Singapore is a one-of-a-kind program because it offers a Ph.D. program immediately after the completion of a bachelor’s degree.
Furthermore, there is no requirement that students who have completed their masters cannot apply; rather, the SINGA opportunity allows students who have completed their masters to continue their Ph.D. with the exemption of some courses that students who have completed their bachelor‘s must study to complete their Ph.D.
As a result, international scholarships in Singapore make it easier for aspirants to apply, fulfilling their dream of connecting talents from all over the world.
The fact that SINGA fellows will receive their degree completion certificates from one of these collaborative universities demonstrates SINGA’s mission. NTU, NUS, SUTD, and SMU are among these universities.
The next part of this article shows a summary of the details of this award.
Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) 2023 Summary
Host Country: Singapore
Host Labs: A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS, or SUTD.
Offered By: The Agency for Science, Technology, Research, Singapore.
Course Level: Ph.D./Doctorate
Course Duration: 4 Years.
Benefits of Singapore International Graduate Award 2023
- SINGA pays the recipients‘ full tuition fees.
- The fellows will be paid $ 2,000 per month.
- After passing the first examination, the monthly stipend will be increased to $ 2500.
- A one-time airfare grant of up to $ 1500 will be provided to the fellow.
- The fellows will receive a $ 1000 one-time settlement grant.
- A settling-in allowance of up to $ 1,000 will be provided.
Eligibility Criteria of Singapore International Graduate Award 2023
- All International students can apply.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Applicants must have outstanding academic records.
- The applicant’s command of the English language is required to be fluent.
- SINGA does not require a specific certificate for English Language Proficiency because it can be evaluated during the interview. The English Language Certificate, on the other hand, may be required by the individual university.
- Singaporean nationals or candidates who have already completed tertiary education in Singapore are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants seeking admission to the master’s program are ineligible.
- Only candidates interested in pursuing a Ph.D. in science or engineering are eligible.
- D.hD programs in the social sciences, humanities, economics, and other fields are not eligible.
Also Read: Best Hair Oils – What Is Hair Oil Used For?
How to Apply for the Singapore International Graduate Award 2023
The application for this award will be done strictly on the online portal,
- All required documents must be submitted online by the candidates.
- Candidates must choose research projects by browsing the projects listed under “Go to Research Areas.” On the website.
- The referees must send the reference letters directly to SINGA.
- SINGA will begin the application process after receiving at least two reference letters.
- Softcopies of the required documents must be uploaded to the online application portal early enough
- Applicants who apply through the SINGA portal are not required to apply separately through university portals.
- Try to submit your application at least two weeks before the deadline because your referees will be notified via email and will have seven days to complete and send the reference letters.
- In the application forms, candidates must elaborate on their research proposals.
- The candidate may submit up to three research proposals.
- To apply for SINGA, there is no need to contact the supervisor.
- Candidates can apply for Ph.D. positions in any field of interest, and there is no requirement to have a bachelor’s degree.
- All you have to do here is to click on the button that says “apply now“ on the website
Required Documents for Singapore International Graduate Award
The following documents must be presented on the portal during the registration process.
- A copy of a current passport.
- A recent passport-sized JPG or PNG photo.
- Every academic transcript is translated into English.
- The referees will submit two recommendation letters online.
- Certificate of English Proficiency (if required by the university).
For the year 2022. The application deadline for the Singapore research scholarship is 1 December 2022.
To apply for this scholarship, visit the website,
Also Read: Best Paying Jobs in Consumer Non-Durables
Frequently Asked Questions
Is SINGA Scholarship Competitive?
SINGA is a competitive merit-based Singapore Government scholarship that receives applications from over 170 countries across the globe. Out of these, only 900 students are selected.
Is It Hard To Get Scholarship In Singapore?
Scholarships in a Singaporean institution are more difficult to obtain than admission to study in Singapore.
Candidates must first apply for a Singapore student visa before applying for any Singapore scholarships.
Students must maintain high grades in previous academic courses to be considered for scholarship programs.
Which University in Singapore Has Most International Students?
Singapore National University (NUS). Its 17 faculties are spread across three campuses, providing prospective students with a diverse range of academic opportunities.
The National University of Singapore is Singapore’s leading university for international students, with exceptional research facilities and centers of excellence.
Is Singapore Good for Masters?
Singapore is ranked as one of the safest countries in the world, and its cleanliness and low crime rates make it a haven for international postgraduates.
International students at public universities such as NUS and NTU pay tuition fees ranging from 5,000 to 40,000 SGD (depending on the subject area).
What GPA Will Get You Scholarships?
Scholarships are given to students of all backgrounds for a variety of reasons. The qualification criteria for each scholarship are determined by the scholarship provider. One of the most common grade point average requirements is a 3.0.