Speaking of Show Local info on Google Map with your Android Phone, Google Maps is a very popular web mapping platform and consumer application that is offered by Google. It offers solutions like satellite imagery, aerial photography, street maps, 360° interactive panoramic views of streets, real-time traffic conditions, and route planning for traveling by foot, car, bike, air, and public transportation. With Google maps, you can get local information about a place like the address, hours of operation, phone number, website, and ratings or reviews.
Show Local info on Google Map with your Android Phone
To get more information about a particular place, you should do one of the following:
- Select a mini pin on the map.
- Drop a pin on the map.
- Search for a specific place.
Tip: To find the website of a place, save a place, find directions, and share a place, you can use the 3D Touch feature on iPhone 6s and up. To turn on this feature, go to the Settings app and then General and then Accessibility and then 3D Touch. After that, open Google Maps and hard press on a particular place.
How to Search Location on Google Map on Android
To search for a location with Google maps on your android phone,
- Open the Google Maps app Maps.
- At the top of the google map, tap the search box and enter the address, name of the place, or choose a category, like gas stations or groceries.
- To use voice search, tap Speak and then speak.
Tip: After you find a place on the map, you can also check directions leading to the place in a list, details about a place, or even get directions with voice-guided navigation.
How to Filter your search results on Google Maps
Not all filtering options are available for all languages and countries/regions on Google Maps.
- On your Android phone or tablet, all you have to do is search for a type of business, restaurant, or place.
- After that, tap more search filters above your search results
- When you have don that, Select what you want to filter. Then, tap Apply.
This is the particular procedure for applying filters to your search results on Google Maps.
Tips for Searches on Google Maps
If you want to effectively search on Google, follow the exemplary tips given below;
- Specific business search: Starbucks.
- Searching for places: coffee near central park.
- You can also narrow your results by using the city and state: groceries in Atlanta, GA.
- Narrow your results by the usage of a zip code: gas in 94131.
- Find an intersection for your search: 23rd and mission.
- To get a more narrowed search result, you can use the Address, city, state, country, or airport form of search, e.g 1600 Amphitheater Parkway Mountain View CA, LAX, Los Angeles Airport, or Mount Everest, Nepal.
- Search with Latitude and longitude coordinates: 41.40338, 2.17403.
- Searxh with the name of Friends and other contacts (you must be signed in): Alex Cooper.
- Search using Other names of people in your G Suite Contacts.
Using any of these formats or forms of search can make searching with Google maps much easier for you.
How to Find search suggestions for places
To get search suggestions for places with Google maps, follow the steps belMaps
- The fist step is to sign in to Google Maps.
- After that, open Google Maps or the Google Maps app.
- In the search box of the Google Maps app, start typing a search, like restaurants.
- When you have dome that, Personalized search results might appear under the search box.
- Choose a place on the map and get more information.
Your search results here can include places you’ve searched for before. If you’re already signed in to your Google Account but you do not get personalized search results, make sure that Web & App Activity is turned on on your android device.
How Local Results show up on Google Maps
These are the results hat sow up when ever you search for a place on Google map.
General Places on the Map
- Local results appear for people who search for businesses and places close to their location. They’re shown in various places across Maps and Search results. A good example is, if you search for “Italian restaurant” on your mobile device, you can get local results. Google shows you nearby restaurants that you’d like to visit.
- Several factors, majorly relevance, distance, and even prominence, influence the local search results. These factors are combined together to help find the best match for your search results. For example, if what you’re searching for is likely in a business that’s far away from you, the Google algorithms might decide to rank it higher in local results.
Personalized Places on Google Map
This includes your custom maps, and people and places you have added tooiur google contacts.
YOU MAY LIKE: