Seedstars has announced the Call for Applications for the Enhancing Women Entrepreneurship for Africa Program 2023. The Entrepreneurship Program is aimed at Increasing investment readiness through capacity building for Women-led Small and Medium Enterprises (WSMEs).
The creation of the project was to address gender inequality and inclusive economic empowerment for African women. However, Seedstars Enhancing Women Entrepreneurship for Africa Program is primarily targeted towards increasing the capacity and sustainability of enablers supporting Women-led Small and Medium Enterprises (WSMEs).
The program is also expected to increase access to mentorship, funding, and visibility for WSMEs.
Summary of Seedstars Enhancing Women Entrepreneurship for Africa Program
- Type of program: Entrepreneurs
- Organization: SeedStars
- Country: Africa
- Gender: Women
- Application Timeline: Open Call (1st of December – 31st of December 2022)
- Sourcing: December 2022
- Screening: January 2023
- Program Activities: February – May 2023
- Investor Forum: June 2023
Seedstars was Established in 2012 by Pierre-Alain, Michael and Adrien, (Switzerland entrepreneurs) who connected over their passion for entrepreneurship and building companies from scratch.
The team was later joined by Alisée de Tonnac, and together they launched the biggest pitching competition to discover the most promising early-stage high-growth ventures.
As a private company, Seedstars has a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. The company’s initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch, and investing in the top entrepreneurs.
Seedstars also works in partnership with governments, developmental financial institutions, foundations, corporations, and investors to establish healthy entrepreneurial ecosystems that drive purposeful social and economic development. This is achieved through its global cross-sector expertise.
Benefits and Aims of Seedstars Enhancing Women Entrepreneurship for Africa Program 2023
- The program seeks to address gender inequality and inclusive economic empowerment for African women.
- It aims at increasing the capacity and sustainability of enablers supporting Women-led Small and Medium Enterprises (WSMEs), as well as increasing access to mentorship, funding, and visibility for WSMEs.
- To increase investment readiness through capacity building for WSMEs
How to Apply for Seedstars Enhancing Women Entrepreneurship for Africa 2023?
- The application process for Seedstars Entrepreneurship Program for women in Africa can be completed in a few minutes.
- All Interested and qualified candidates should visit SeedStars on: https://seedsta.rs/3wFgDqY to apply
- More details can be found on the official webpage of Seedstars found below: https://www.seedstars.com/community/entrepreneurs/programs/EWEA/
Eligibility Criteria for Seedstars Enhancing Women Entrepreneurship for Africa Program Qualification
- Enablers should operate from one if the following countries; Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Kenya, Malawi, Morocco, Mozambique, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Rwanda, Zambia, Ivory Coast, Ethiopia, Angola, Mauritius, Nigeria, Ghana, Mali, Uganda, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Sierra Leone, Gambia, Namibia, and Cape Verde
- Enablers must be Enhancing the viability and sustainability of WSMEs,
- Enablers must provide innovative approaches to ecosystem support designed to close the financing gap for WSMEs,
- Expected to introduce innovative ways to provide capacity building for WSMEs,
- Must be Providing digital presence and visibility to WSMEs, and Enhancing access to mentorship for WSMEs.
- Must be Between Seed and Growth Stage
- WSME must be in one of the above countries
- The WSME should have at least one woman on the founding team
- Posses a digital element in their product for example: Mobile application, Online Shop, SAAS product, etc.
December 31, 2022.
More Related Content
- Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship 2024 – Apply Now!
- NITDA iHatch Intensive Incubation Program 2023 (3rd Cohort) for Nigerian Entrepreneurs – APPLY NOW!
- Sainsbury Institute Robert and Lisa Sainsbury Fellowships 2023-2024 – Call for Application
- UNFCCC/UNU Early Career Climate Fellowship Program 2023 – Apply Now!
- KPMG Internship 2023 in Canada for International Applicants – Apply Now!