Security Guard Job with VISA Sponsorship in USA presents a great opportunity for individuals looking to work in the country. However, the jobs continue to be in high demand in today’s constantly evolving job market.
Security Guard Job with VISA Sponsorship in USA
To find the right job, it’s important to know how to market your skills and yourself to potential employers. This article will explore some effective strategies for optimizing your job search. By targeting suitable employers and customizing your resume and cover letter, we’ll provide you with practical advice to enhance your chances of securing your ideal job in the dynamic and fulfilling field of security.
Who is a Security Guard?
A security guard patrols and inspects private and public buildings in order to prevent theft, fire, vandalism, terrorist acts, and other illegal activities. However, you may work inside or outside, depending on the situation. In some cases, they will monitor security screens for unusual activity. They typically collaborate with other security guards, as well as facility employees and management.
Types of Security Guards Job
Security guards are important for keeping people, property, and assets safe from theft, vandalism, and other threats. Different types of security guards have specific skills and responsibilities.
Unarmed security guards
Unarmed security guards are the most common type and work in places like malls, schools, and hospitals. They patrol, watch for suspicious activity, and respond to emergencies. They make around $28,000 to $32,000 per year or $13 to $15 per hour.
Armed security guards
Armed security guards carry guns and work in high-risk environments such as banks and casinos. They protect clients, respond to security breaches, and monitor cameras. They make around $35,000 to $45,000 per year or $15 to $20 per hour.
Event security guards
Event security guards check tickets, control access, and watch for trouble at public events. They make around $30,000 to $35,000 per year or $14 to $17 per hour.
Executive Protection Agents
Executive protection agents, also called bodyguards, protect famous or important people. They learn how to handle threats and weapons and make around $60,000 to $80,000 per year or $25 to $35 per hour.
Highest paying Cities for Security Guards in USA
It is a fact that the salary range of professions in the United States of America differs with location as the parameter for change. This is not anyway different from security guards. Let’s take a quick look at the highest-paying states for security guards in the USA:
In Hawaii, security guard salaries typically range between $34,000 and $52,000 per year. This is in comparison to the national average security guard wage of $40,000 to $44,000. In Hawaii, the average hourly rate for security guards is $20 to $21.
Here, security guard salaries typically range between $33,000 and $51,000 per year. This is in comparison to the national average security guard salary of $40,000 to $44,000 per year. In Washington, the average hourly rate for security guards is $19 to $20.
In Minnesota, the typical salary range for security guards is from $30,000 to $46,000 per year. This is similar to the average salary for security guards across the country. The hourly pay rate for security guards in Minnesota is usually around $17 to $18 per hour.
Security guards in Oregon usually earn salaries ranging between $28,000 and $45,000 annually. This is similar to the national average salary for security guards. The typical hourly pay rate for security guards in Oregon is around $17 to $17.5 per hour.
Security guards in California generally earn salaries ranging between $28,000 and $47,000 per year. This is similar to the national average salary for security guards. The average hourly pay rate for security guards in California is usually around $17 to $18 per hour.
Security Guard Salaries According to Years of Experience
One other very important factor that affects the salary of security guards is the years of experience. If you have spent a very good amount of time gathering experience, you will easily earn higher than a newcomer.
- Entry-level security guards with less than one year of experience typically earn an average of $12.01 to $16.38 per hour or $24,974 to $34,115 annually.
- 1-4 years of experience typically earn an average of $12.99 to $17.88 per hour or $27,025 to $37,231 annually.
- 5-9 years of experience typically earn an average of $14.31 to $20.26 per hour or $29,752 to $42,104 annually.
- 10-19 years of experience typically earn an average of $15.80 to $23.60 per hour or $32,876 to $49,051 annually.
- more than 20 years of experience typically earn an average of $17.01 to $27.03 per hour or $35,374 to $56,184 annually.
Requirements and Skills for Security Guard Jobs
A Security Guard should have the following skills and qualifications to ensure the safety of a company and its assets:
- Excellent understanding of security protocols
- Capability to use security and emergency equipment
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Superior verbal and written communication abilities
- Ability to work independently or in a team Ability to solve problems as they arise Attention to detail Ability to respond appropriately in stressful situations
- A high school diploma or GED will be accepted by most employers
Duties and Responsibilities of Security Guards
The duties and responsibilities of a security guard include:
- Regular patrolling and monitoring of activities on the company’s premises to deter criminals and ensure a safe and secure environment
- Evicting trespassers and violators and detaining perpetrators in accordance with legal protocols prior to the arrival of relevant authorities to take over.
- Controlling the entry and exit of employees, visitors, and vehicles in accordance with protocols
- Surveillance cameras are being monitored to look for any disruptions or illegal activities.
- Providing detailed reports to management on daily activities and any incidents that may have occurred
- Putting security systems through their paces and, if necessary, operating X-ray machines and metal detectors
- Clear and concise communication using provided communication devices such as two-way radios
- When necessary, perform CPR or first aid.
Extra Benefits of having A Security Guard Job
Here are some extra benefits you can get from having this type of job:
- Flexible working hours
- No formal education requirements
- A very good career output
- Flexible options for independent and teamwork settings.
Where to Find Security Guard Jobs
Online resources are some of the best resources that can help you find jobs around the globe. The case is not in any way different for security guard jobs. Take the following online platforms into consideration.
How to Apply for Security Guard Jobs
Here’s how to apply for a job in the United States with visa sponsorship:
- Visit an advanced website that is mostly used by a US company. You can use websites such as “Indeed” or “LinkedIn.”
- Simply enter the job title and the location you want to work in the search bar to find the job.
- When you come across a link, click on it.
- Examine the job description.
- If you meet the requirements, click the apply button.
- Upload your resume and cover letter to the employee portal and wait for a response.
Where Do Security Guards Work?
Security guards work in the following places;
- Office Buildings
- Retail Stores
- Schools and Universities
- Residential Areas, etc
Visa Options for Security Guards in USA
There are different visa options available for security guards who want to work in the United States. The most common visas for this type of work are the H-1B and H-2B visas.
The H-1B visa is for highly skilled workers, and while security guard work may not seem like it falls under this category, there are some circumstances where it might. For example, if a company is hiring a security expert with a specific skill set, they may be able to apply for an H-1B visa.
The H-2B visa, on the other hand, is specifically for non-agricultural workers who are coming to the US on a temporary basis. This visa is often used by companies that need seasonal workers, such as ski resorts, amusement parks, and landscaping companies.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a security guard job?
A security guard’s job involves monitoring and patrolling premises to prevent theft, violence, or any other illegal activities.
Do Security Guards Need to Be Licensed?
Yes, security guards need to be licensed in most states in the USA. Licensing requirements may vary from state to state but generally involve completing a training course and passing an exam.
What Are the Different Types of Security Guard Jobs?
There are several types of security guard jobs, including unarmed security guards, armed security guards, event security guards, and executive protection agents.
What Is A VISA Sponsorship?
A VISA sponsorship is when an employer sponsors a foreign worker for a work VISA to legally work in the USA.
CHECK OUT ALSO:
- Alexa Guard – Alexa Guard on Amazon Echo Smart Speaker
- Security Guard Job In USA with Visa Sponsorship – How to Apply!
- Security Jobs in the United States with VISA Sponsorship – APPLY NOW!
- 8 Financial Tips for Young Adults – How Can You Build Wealth at a Young Age?
- Social Network Policy on United States Presidential Election