The 2023-24 intake of the University Of Greenwich Royal Navy and Royal Marine Bursary, is currently open for applications. Up to £3,000 bursary fund is allocated every year to undergraduate students who have served in the Royal Navy or Royal Marines, or whose parents have a record of service.
Read on to find more details about this bursary, including the eligibility criteria, application process, and bursary conditions.
Royal Navy and Royal Marine Bursary – Details
The Royal Navy and Royal Marine Bursary program is awarded by the Crown Charity, Greenwich Hospital, with the aim of providing support to former serving members or their children. The £3,000 fund is meant to cover the academic cost of pursuing an undergraduate degree program.
Are you a former serving member of the Royal Navy and Royal Marine? or you’re a son/daughter of former serving members, Kindly note that grants are awarded for one academic year. However, in consideration of your circumstances, Greenwich Hospital may decide to extend the award for up to four years.
Who is Eligible?
To be considered for the Royal Navy and Royal Marine bursary, you must fulfill the criteria below:
- You are currently pursuing an undergraduate program at the University Of Greenwich three campuses or Partner Colleges.
- You’re eligible for the Royal Navy and Royal Marine bursary, if you are a former serving member of the Royal Navy or Royal Marines
- You can also apply if you’re a son or daughter of a serving or retired member.
- Your parents must have served a minimum of three years in the relevant force.
- You’ve previously applied for student support, where applicable.
- Your entire household income must be less than £40,000.
How to apply for Royal Navy and Royal Marine Bursary 2023-24?
The application process is brief, please take note of the instructions below:
- The 2023-24 applications for the Royal Navy and Royal Marine Bursary, will be available after the close of registration in October 2023.
- You can request for an alternative application form if you’re not eligible for student support due to your previous studies or currently studying an equivalent or lower qualification.
- Visit the Official website of the University of Greenwich given below for more details https://www.gre.ac.uk/bursaries/royal-navy-and-royal-marine-bursary
- Awards that are to be paid out beyond the first year must make adequate development.
- Whether a placement or sandwich year is paid depends on whether the placement is unpaid.
- In years of repeated study, there will be no prize.
- As part of your application, the university must confirm your household’s income with Student Finance England and give this information to Greenwich Hospital Charity.
More Related Content
- University of Greenwich Postgraduate Research Scholarship 2023-2024 – APPLY NOW
- Marine Cargo Insurance FAQs
- British Council IELTS Prize 2022 – APPLY NOW!
- Royal Society Africa Prize 2023 for African Research Scientists – Apply Now!
- The Association of Commonwealth Universities Ocean Country Partnership Scholarships
- Entrepreneur in Residence Scheme 2023 – APPLY NOW