Call for Nominations for the Royal Society Africa Prize 2023. The Prize is given in recognition of research scientists who are based in Africa and are making an innovative contribution to the sciences.
Royal Society Africa Prize 2023
The prestigious Royal Society Africa Prize 2023 is now inviting Nominations of joint collaborations, groups/teams for all its medals to better represent how contemporary science is undertaken.
The society is also very keen to broaden the diversity of those nominated for its annual awards. The awards program allows you to nominate or be nominated for the Royal Society Awards without necessarily being a fellow.
Details About Royal Society Africa Prize
- Type: Awards
- Organization: Royal Society
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: February 24, 2023
- Call for Nominations Opened:30 November 2022
- Status: Open
About Royal Society
The Royal Society was formally called Royal Society of London for Improving Natural Knowledge. Royal Society carries out a number of roles which include
- promoting science and its benefits,
- Recognizing excellence in science,
- Supporting outstanding science,
- Providing scientific advice for policy,
- Education and the engagement of the public as well as fostering international and global co-operation.
Royal Society was established on 28 November 1660, the society was granted a royal charter by King Charles II as The Royal Society.
Benefits of Royal Society Africa Prize 2023
Royal Society Awards will reward the winner with a bronze medal, accompanied by a gift of £2,000.
How to Apply for Royal Society Africa Prize 2023 for African Research Scientists
- It is important for Candidates to read through the conditions of the Royal Society Africa Prize: https://royalsociety.org/-/media/awards/nominations/africa-prize/Medals-and-Awards—Africa-Prize-terms-and-conditions-2023.pdf?la before submitting a nomination.
- To Nominate, click the link below: https://rsproduction.powerappsportals.com/my-home/nominations-nominator/
- For more details, visit Royal Society website on: https://royalsociety.org/grants-schemes-awards/awards/africa-prize/
Eligibility Criteria for Royal Society Africa Prize 2023 Qualification
- The award is given to an individual for an outstanding, innovative contribution to biological science, including basic medical science, which contributes significantly to capacity building in Africa.
- Eligible to receive the award are researchers at an early stage of their research career, that is, those having received their PhD within the last 10-15 years.
- Researchers with the potential to build a research project to follow on from the prize are also eligible
- The ideal research must be based in Africa.
- Nominations for the Awards can be made by senior academics and members of the national academies of science.
- Both the project and nominee are expected to be linked with an African centre of excellence, which would normally be a University, or equivalent research centre.
- The Royal Society Awards is usually given to an individual who has not yet reached full Professorship status.
February 24, 2023
- Christmas Eggs Designs – How to Decorate a Boiled Egg for Christmas
- Top Classic Christmas Movies List For You This December
- Old Christmas Black and White Movies for You This December
- IHE Delft Scholarship Program 2023 for Postgraduate Students – Apply Now!
- History and Origin of Christmas
- Amazing Deals On Luggage Travel Gear
- Netflix is Set to Start Offering Nike Training Club Workouts